How to properly install skins in CS:S!

DutchKitty
Veteran

How to properly install skins in CS:S!

Post by DutchKitty »

Okay so first off... Find a skin you like. I'm going to be using this as an example: (JUST AN EXAMPLE I DONT USE THESE LOL)

Now that you have found a skin you like... Download it. Once you've downloaded move it somewhere that is easily accessible. (desktop)

Open the .rar file (YOU NEED WINRAR)

Seeing that it says cstrike navigate to your cstrike folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\STEAM_LOGIN_NAME\counter-strike source\cstrike)

Open the cstrike folder in the winrar and you will see another folder (materials)

In your windows explorer find materials in your cstrike folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\STEAM_LOGIN_NAME\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials)

Go BACK to the rar file and open the materials folder, you will find another folder labeled models.

Go to model in your windows explorer... (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\STEAM_LOGIN_NAME\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\models)

Yes, go back to the rar file and open the models folder. You will see -yes another folder- named player.

Go there in your windows explorer...

And finally... Drag the terror into your player folder.

If I missed anything, just tell me. I'm sure I did. Hope this guide helped! Cya
-Lunches
Last edited by DutchKitty on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FuckOffRandy

Re: How to properly install skins in CS:S!

Post by FuckOffRandy »

ImageImageImage