Help?

blondie
Veteran

Help?

Post by blondie »

OKay, so I had to reinstall windows cause of the stupid nvidia driver messing with my shit. Now my cpu is idling between 60-70C I have an i5 3570k, I updated my BIOS to see if that worked and my cpu cooler which is an antec kuhler 920 seems to be running like it should. any suggestions?
HakureiReimu_Husky

Re: Help?

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

Perhaps replace your thermal grease, after that, clear up all your processes, except for all of those of which are vital, do not use auto overclocking software, because it ups the voltage in the cpu WAYYYY too much.

Edit::: I can skype to show you if needed.
Last edited by HakureiReimu_Husky on Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is goodbye.
blondie
Veteran

Post by blondie »

I don't have anything overclocked. its at 3.4ghz, I'm gonna double check my cooler and shit, I just replaced my thermal paste about a month ago.. so maybe my cooler isnt seated correctly. Thanks lol
HakureiReimu_Husky

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

Updated my response, and no problem
This is goodbye.
blondie
Veteran

Post by blondie »

I'll have to troubleshoot it tomorrow, it's late and I have work in the morning lol. I'll let you know if I need anymore helps ty :)
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

Yeah the recent nvidia drivers have been pretty shit. The graphics driver's crashing quite often in a variety of games with my GTX 980. I'm an i5-3570k user as well.

Make sure your antec kuhler 920's pump is actually running. Most all-in-one liquid coolers should emit some sort of noise or vibration from their pumps, so open up your case and see if you can hear/feel the pump's whirring.

Also double check your bios/uefi's cpu fan curves. Make sure the pump's running at full speed, and for testing purposes maybe try setting the cpu fan to a fixed speed to see if your cooler's working.

I'd also suggest another cooler reseat if you have no luck with the above, although tbh it's pretty hard to mess up thermal paste applications these days.
Retired.
blondie
Veteran

Post by blondie »

Update:
Turned out that my pump for my cpu cooler went out. Luckily my bf has the same one so he gave me his and got himself a badass one haha.