FF2 BOSS SUGGESTIONS [OLD]

Buwar0

Re: FF2 BOSS SUGGESTIONS

Post by Buwar0 »

A cool boss that I think would be in the list would be the final boss in Dark Souls, Gwyn Lord of Cynder:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/fdaaf6ec3f15 ... 1_1280.jpg

Another could be Artorias of the abyss, also known as Artorias the abyss walker:

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2012/06/full-1.jpg

Hope one of these guys can find their way in,
Last edited by Buwar0 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

Buwar0 wrote:A cool boss that I think would be in the list would be the final boss in Dark Souls, Gwyn Lord of Cynder:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/fdaaf6ec3f15 ... 1_1280.jpg

Another could be Artorias of the abyss, also known as Artorias the abyss walker:

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2012/06/full-1.jpg

Hope one of these guys can find their way in,
While we're on the topic of Dark Souls why not everyone's favorite NPC, Solaire of Astora. Praise the Sun! \[T]/
Last edited by Dr. Axel Link on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
hellbear88

Post by hellbear88 »

What about Zer0 From borderlands 2
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthrea ... 146&page=3

He seems like fun to play
Last edited by hellbear88 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shewnn

Post by Shewnn »

hellbear88 wrote:What about Zer0 From borderlands 2
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthrea ... 146&page=3

He seems like fun to play
Unique abilities + Playstyle: Zer0 is a stealthy assassin, what he lacks in straight up melee combat, he more than makes up for in obliterating his opponent from afar. Rage grants a custom Machina with 5 bullets and 10 seconds of near invisibility. He has 2 lives, first you kill him normally, then he fights his way back with Second Wind.
Seems cool, but 5 Machina shots per rage may be a bit much on large maps...
Last edited by Shewnn on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hellbear88

Post by hellbear88 »

Name:Missingno.
Speed: Medium Speed
Power:Teleport
Attack:ranged glithcy fireballs that slow and bleed(little more dmg that can be healed from a medic per second people hit small aoe
Rage:Switched the positions of all players blue and red around and friendly fire also masking all players with a missingno. model for 10secs
Secondary rage: R Fires a Sap Rocket puts The Red-Tape Recorder or machines in a Small aoe 20% rage(Glicthy Ball with data trail) Not airblastable, Slow speed

This boss i was wanting to be nothing but glitchyness status effects and plain annoying power.
Last edited by hellbear88 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:48 am, edited 6 times in total.
EMD SD70
Location: York Region (YRT/VIVA Miller Southeast transit area), Golden Horseshoe, Corridor, Ontario, Canada

Post by EMD SD70 »

Name: L4D Tank
Speed: 115% of normal speed
Power: Super Jump, heavyweight (harder to airblast and knock back)
Attack: Punches opponents and sends them flying. The punch does 150hp, the resulting damage from impact depends on the distance, much like fall damage
Rage: Scares enemies, earthquake for 10 sec that disorients the aim of enemies and sentry guns, "rocket launcher" that shoots rocks at people (mag. of 3)
Last edited by EMD SD70 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler

Steam: Orion VII

GarishBus045

Post by GarishBus045 »

Well, I don't have a model or well...
Anything.
But I like to think that Samurai Jack would be a interesting boss. Just make up some abilities and a model and boom.
Last edited by GarishBus045 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Kinglier

Post by Kinglier »

I would like to suggest adding Bigby Wolf from the Wolf Among Us/Fables series if someone hasn't already thought of him yet.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/M0jDyNCnGL0/maxresdefault.jpg

http://pixeljudge.com/file/ep_3_final_art_2_2.jpg
A couple of suggested rages for him could be like a Huff and Puff were he basically blows everyone in front of him away and either kills them or does a great deal of damage or a rage where he transforms into werewolf Bigby and gains more speed and strength.
Last edited by Kinglier on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
TEH BARBARIAN HERD

Post by TEH BARBARIAN HERD »

Hey everyone,

I have come up with a concept/idea for a new addition to the boss list, I have been thinking about it for a while.

The character I have chosen is Dr. Evil from the Austin power's series.

The character model I think should be used is the engineer's because he was both shorter in all the movies as well as the notion of him being a man of good stature when fighting is somewhat arguable

This is a boss that would have 2 primary phases: 1 would be on the attack to gather mojo. During this phase the player playing as DR. evil must kill a certain number of players before the mojo is fully charged that number should equate to roughly 25% of the players alive at the start,and he can then use his rage which then starts phase 2. During phase 2 Dr. Evil now takes double normal damage and can no longer attack. This seems silly I know but its because his rage has now spawned a black hole on the capture point. (I suggest using the model from half life episode 1 of the citidals core to make the black hole model) This black hold will start off small, and gradually double in size every 10 seconds. Getting within a certain distance within eyeline of it will pull you more and more as you get closer ie (demoman charges can get away or faster weapon equip) too close and you will be pulled in. This is why Dr. Evil can no longer attack, his fully charged mojo is sustaining and enlarging the black hole, you must kill him before it grows too large and consums the map and ends the game.

I suggest that dr evil have 2 weapons at any given time. His secondary will be the buff banner to allow him speedy getaway once he has raged, deploying his buff banner will summon the black hole and disarm his primary. His buff banner will remain full and never drain once used. His primary should be a silly weapon to remain in line with the movies plot. I think the concientious objector will do quite nicely if no one else can think of a more suitable weapon. The concientious objector will have a min damage of 200 and max damage of 380 to 400 crits obviously double that amount.

His speed should be that of a pyro. his buff banner increasing his speed so that scouts will have to try and keep up. His health should be more on the defensive side for hales, he has to get the amount of kills then subsequently survive a beating long enough to win. I am not sure the equation you use for hales such as the evil clown or weeping angel but i think the higher health is suitable for his potential to get caught in a corner and die due to double damage from all sources and 4 times the damage from crits. If necissary, I feel that his health should be lowered by a factor of 33% of his at moment of rage total health for balance.

Having had used time travel, I think his secondary ability should be teleport. which starts off as a 10 second timer from the start and the telports afterwards require a wait of 1 minute.

The music I have chosen is not from the series but from an old game that has a surprising good rythem to fight to, and its tone is well suited for fighting this "mastermind" of evil. the link to the song is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sN-lekUOC0

Let me know what you think, I really hope this is a do-able project and would be a fantastic addition to freak fortress.

Thanks for taking the time to read my suggestion :)

Cheers!
Last edited by TEH BARBARIAN HERD on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

I think we should take a lot of characters from the Super Smash Bros Rosters and make some of them bosses. Like Doctor Mario who appeared in Melee, with a similar play style to Mario. Or perhaps Marth or Roy from Fire Emblem who appeared in Melee. Or Ike from the same game series who joined Marth and replaced Roy in Brawl. Another character who would be really cool to see would be Pit from Kid Icarus, who would be able to use fast melee attacks and (if possible) a 3 round burst bow (or a weak rapid fire bow or crossbow with a lot of ammo), and Falco from Starfox.
Last edited by Dr. Axel Link on Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.