dr_derelict

111112oo

Re: dr_derelict

Post by 111112oo »

Note that I'm posting here so I don't have to wait around for TANX to get online on steam so done stuff I say you might think of something but actually isn't that.

TANX, you seem to be adding more traps to Derelict where it is still extremely hard to beat on a free run, no, not good.
So first area: remove breaking platform there, 2nd area one is fine but this is to much and ruins chances for bhopping (NLR) (TANX will know this) 3rd trap: have doors open when not activated, but start the cycle when not activated, makes this easier and support for bhop. 5th and 6th trap: Wayyy too op, just combine the two and on the button press lasers come from the screen and shake crazily zapping people into the cavity, lasers go off. 7th trap: op again.. Have fan off and covered to begin with, button press opens the wall and sucks you in, bhop friendly. 11th crusher trap is meh, just remove it and move trap 12 into the area of that trap to punish a trolling hale with the doors, and it would look nicer. 14th: meh got to go.
And have the green area be last for now. I have an idea for the pink area so you can still use the textures, but I will show that later. Also remove that hale door at the start. More suggestions soon.
Last edited by 111112oo on Mon May 13, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sankoose120

Post by Sankoose120 »

I have played many times on this on a freerun and I know the map kinda apart from the last room that makes me trip my balls off. I feel all breaking platforms in there need to go as there is still traps aswell :/
Last edited by Sankoose120 on Mon May 13, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

111112oo

Post by 111112oo »

Don't worry, as I got a reply from Tanx saying that he accepts my suggestions, so next update, you'll might see the pink area change into the ending chooser, with breakers marked as a different color with no traps. there might be a button to free hale from the middle of the pink area to fight him and an instant win door, with 2 others minigames to be made. And the rest will be easier.
Last edited by 111112oo on Tue May 14, 2013 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
111112oo

Post by 111112oo »

Update: He says that b5 should be out in a week.
Last edited by 111112oo on Sun May 19, 2013 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
TANX

Post by TANX »

Hey everyone.

sorry I didn't reply for some time. and I had to push back the date.

The purpose of the door is to prevent people from shooting the buttons before the round starts. so I can't remove that.

Worked on a few of the trap.

Yeah you were correct, sort of :D but... I removed that easter egg at the last second for that version. The boxes that got sucked in. You would use to jam the door. After you got to said music button, you would get spat out at the spawn room. The other easter egg had something to do with those giant computers. breaking a light, Then face deaths door or fan should I say. This one is still active. that's the only hints I'm giving.

I removed the water maze, and green zone. Added a few effects, marked the break away floors in the pink area. Added two simple mini-games.
jump rope, and doors.

For the people that crash when trying to load the map. Tell me if it works for you now, or not.

map download below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibrtnld2sjgk6 ... t%20b5.zip
Last edited by TANX on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Updated map.
ImageImage