New Ideas for Deathrun

CopperTop

New Ideas for Deathrun

Post by CopperTop »

Some Suggestions to help the improve the deathrun Exprience:

1. Disable Weapons at the Beggining of a Map. Every new map before the autobalance occurs people join Blu just to activate the first few traps before the round begins.

2. VoteSlay/Sucide. I run steam overnight and everyday when i get on i have at least 1 message asking to get on DR when I was sleeping or at work about how someone glitched a trap without dying and is stuck in a wall or simular and doesn't know how to open console or kill themselves and runs the map time down.

3. Disable Attendant Set. The Attendant set allows skilled pyros to very easily rush the hale because a.) It doesn't leech health while active (G.R.U) and b.) it doesn't take time to build your speed (Overdose w/ Full Uber) so you can rush the hale immediatly out of the gates when he has the least time to prepare to hit the traps.

Just some ideas.
Last edited by CopperTop on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sankoose120

Re: New Ideas for Deathrun

Post by Sankoose120 »

agree with them all. on #1 there is a few maps that they hale can hit to activate a free-run removing all traps, people can do this at the 1st round by shooting it. Vote slay would be nice as well as some maps can easily be glitched/exploited. I have seen 1 problem with attendant but it should be removed just in case.
Last edited by Sankoose120 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IAmJim

Post by IAmJim »

CopperTop wrote: 3. Disable Attendant Set. The Attendant set allows skilled pyros to very easily rush the hale because a.) It doesn't leech health while active (G.R.U) and b.)
GRU hasn't drained health since over a year ago.
Last edited by IAmJim on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CopperTop

Post by CopperTop »

IAmJim wrote:
CopperTop wrote: 3. Disable Attendant Set. The Attendant set allows skilled pyros to very easily rush the hale because a.) It doesn't leech health while active (G.R.U) and b.)
GRU hasn't drained health since over a year ago.
Not in all servers but in Deathrun they are modded to drain ~8 hp per sec when active weapon.
Last edited by CopperTop on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

I agree with #1 and #3. But just one objection against #2. Can you also vote to slay the hale which is unfair or are you going to do that when he is AFK?
Last edited by Dubstab on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
CopperTop

Post by CopperTop »

You could make it to where you cannot slay hale.
Last edited by CopperTop on Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sankoose120

Post by Sankoose120 »

CopperTop wrote:You could make it to where you cannot slay hale.
Some hales on maps like Aconian where the door does not open unless the hale hits the button they dont. So doing this on the hale would be nice aswell. But the vote will need to be no as 1 and yes as 2 as people just spam 1 :P
Last edited by Sankoose120 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TANX

Post by TANX »

1. Good idea

2. Maybe, have the server only enable that function if it detects a stuck player. So it's not abused.
Or just have a count down that kills non moving/stuck players.

3. I have no problem with rushers. It's just the buttons on some maps are to small, and getting to close up to a wall will cause the melee to hit off center. I don't know whats up with that. and (bind +use) can't be used.

To add to that, instead of picking a map, have a Mario Party style randomization for picking maps. The same few maps get picked over and over. -_- all they do is spam choice number 1. ALL THE TIME. having a random will work better. imo

Also, something I remember from some other server that used to have this. Piggyback you can hitch a ride on another player. That had to be the funniest thing I have seen.

Also another one would be to disable the Uber Charge.
Last edited by TANX on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CopperTop

Post by CopperTop »

TANX wrote: 2. Maybe, have the server only enable that function if it detects a stuck player. So it's not abused.
Or just have a count down that kills non moving/stuck players.
Maybe make it to where you can only intiate the vote with 1 runner left.
Last edited by CopperTop on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

The Pony Predecessor wrote:Oh, this is one of those servers where everyone presses 1.
Said on FF2. I think it should change, yeah. x)
Last edited by Dubstab on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.