Sniper Shields for VSH and FF

Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Sniper Shields for VSH and FF

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

Both the shields on the snipers back are turned into the default SMG, but I think we could do more. Even though the Demomens shields are used for something else I still think the Sniper shield could be used for more than just and SMG, maybe prevents 1 hit like the Demo shields. I would just like to think the Snipers shields could be used more effectively. Or it could just be used as a safety precaution for fighting spy bosses using the Razorback, which would prevent the stab and allow the player to escape. I just think the Shields could be used in some way.
Last edited by Dr. Axel Link on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Re: Sniper Shields for VSH and FF

Post by Dubstab »

Basicly the sniper is already pretty OP if he knows to stay on a distance. I don't think a sniper needs this.
Last edited by Dubstab on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

SURE [NL] wrote:Basicly the sniper is already pretty OP if he knows to stay on a distance. I don't think a sniper needs this.
Yea but I find it really annoying when I get teleported into, and I want people to see my Hylian Shield Razorback.
Last edited by Dr. Axel Link on Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hipster_Trip

Post by Hipster_Trip »

That isn't a part of the mod though. We didn't make the VSH/FF2 mod.
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

Hipster_Trip wrote:That isn't a part of the mod though. We didn't make the VSH/FF2 mod.
Very true, but you never know what people can do to modify the mod. Assuming someone would want to do that, but I think it would be a nice possibility to do something other than the SMG replacement. If I knew how to I would try, but I don't. So it's up for our coder (assuming we have one and that's what would be needed) to do that. To be honest, I have no idea how any of this stuff works. I can't even install a skin correctly anymore ( total of 1 skin installed, and I removed it because it got a bit in my way).
Last edited by Dr. Axel Link on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hipster_Trip

Post by Hipster_Trip »

Dr. Axel Link wrote:
Hipster_Trip wrote:That isn't a part of the mod though. We didn't make the VSH/FF2 mod.
Very true, but you never know what people can do to modify the mod. Assuming someone would want to do that, but I think it would be a nice possibility to do something other than the SMG replacement. If I knew how to I would try, but I don't. So it's up for our coder (assuming we have one and that's what would be needed) to do that. To be honest, I have no idea how any of this stuff works. I can't even install a skin correctly anymore ( total of 1 skin installed, and I removed it because it got a bit in my way).
Mitch might be able to, but I think it is pointless for the sniper to have a shield that even if they get hit in the front they are protected.
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

Hipster_Trip wrote:
Dr. Axel Link wrote:
Mitch might be able to, but I think it is pointless for the sniper to have a shield that even if they get hit in the front they are protected.
Yea I guess your right. But I am hoping to have the Smg and the default effect for the shields. Darwins Danger shield can be quite handy if you fall off a lot of stuff like me. Might even save your life. And I guess that would be OP, maybe just from behind, but that would only effect spy bosses, so I guess it would be pointless to always have it on. Maybe I shouldn't have brought this suggestion up, would be kind of OP and UP.
Last edited by Dr. Axel Link on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hipster_Trip

Post by Hipster_Trip »

Dr. Axel Link wrote:Maybe I shouldn't have brought this suggestion up, would be kind of OP and UP.
Bingo.
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

Well I do have one possibility for the shields. No fall damage. Godesses I fall off of everything and lose most of my health from fall damage. Jeff always kills me that way when I end up with the bleeding. So possibly instead of a SMG it would just prevent fall damage?