Concerns/Suggestions for Freak Fortress 2

dertycraig

Concerns/Suggestions for Freak Fortress 2

Post by dertycraig »

First suggestion:
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Unfortunately, in the process of voting for boss packs and maps, this is a very true statement. SOME PEOPLE DO NOT VOTE RESPONSIBLY WHEN VOTING FOR THESE THINGS. As I'm sure all of you are aware, people usually press "1" instead of observing what they actually want. (I'm sure there are people who do prefer the choice that falls under "1". I am not referring to EVERYONE, just the jack-knobs that press "1" for kicks and giggles). I'm sure that "1" is the go-to spam button simply because of its proximity to the W, A, S, and D, keys.

I believe I have come up with a decent solution to the problem. Instead of making "0" the exit button, "1" could be the exit button, making 2, 3, 4, etc., the choices. I realize that this does look a little disorganized and confusing, as "1" usually denotes the first choice of something in a menu. However, I believe that this solution allows those who do not care enough to vote responsibly to temporarily forfeit their voting privilege. Those who accidentally press "1" can always re-vote for what they want.

Second Suggestion:
In order to make is easier to choose a boss, believe the boss query should be alphabetized. Just a small concern.

Hope this provides any helpful ideas.
Last edited by dertycraig on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hipster_Trip

Re: Concerns, Suggestions, and Boss Ideas for Freak Fortress

Post by Hipster_Trip »

We have a boss suggestion thread.
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dertycraig

Re: Concerns, Suggestions, and Boss Ideas for Freak Fortress

Post by dertycraig »

Noted
Last edited by dertycraig on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fire
Owner

Re: Concerns/Suggestions for Freak Fortress 2

Post by Fire »

Yea I know this is a issue. However, it's not top of my list cause 1 just picks a random pack and some people just like it that way. With voting systems it's hard to get people to vote responsibly, sometimes it's better to allow it to just randomly pick a pack. Also, usually if someone requests a certain pack over the mic before the vote happens then players will vote that way. If you want a certain pack I suggest trying this method.

Also, I need to add a 3 pack soon. When I do I will try to organize the lists better for you. I don't have them alphabetized just because I like having the new bosses I create at the front of the list for testing purposes.
Last edited by Fire on Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Removed 1 and 2 from the vote option in both map votes and boss pack votes.
Last edited by Fire on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

People are learning the number 3 xD. Personally, I do not mind what map gets chosen, and a random map is fine for me. I believe this may apply to others as well.
Last edited by goinundercover on Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
dertycraig

Post by dertycraig »

This is true. Since there are so many maps to choose from on the server, a random map selection would be nice. I suppose a random boss pack selection wouldn't hurt either, since it is already random virtually every time anyways.