Removal of Old Maps.

MrBuppo

Re: Removal of Old Maps.

Post by MrBuppo »

Manncohq is played a lot because every time the server restarts, we're forced to play it. Minegay probably played a lot because of prepubescent headaches saying, "OMG MINECRAFT." 2fortdesk is a fucking moshpit and I can see why the average 12 year old would like the fact that the map doesn't require higher brain functions to play (unless you're Hale. In that case, its just a massive pain in the ass.) By thde way, we do actually have tons of little kids on our server who vote for 2fortdesk, so that can support my theory.

I'm willing to bet you that these maps chased off every regular member we would get. I know a lot of people that play a lot, then leave whenever we load up one of these abominations. I also know that tons of regular players we had before these maps were played hundreds of times are now gone.
Last edited by MrBuppo on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hipster_Trip

Post by Hipster_Trip »

MrBuppo wrote:Manncohq is played a lot because every time the server restarts, we're forced to play it. Minegay probably played a lot because of prepubescent headaches saying, "OMG MINECRAFT." 2fortdesk is a fucking moshpit and I can see why the average 12 year old would like the fact that the map doesn't require higher brain functions to play (unless you're Hale. In that case, its just a massive pain in the ass.) By thde way, we do actually have tons of little kids on our server who vote for 2fortdesk, so that can support my theory.

I'm willing to bet you that these maps chased off every regular member we would get. I know a lot of people that play a lot, then leave whenever we load up one of these abominations. I also know that tons of regular players we had before these maps were played hundreds of times are now gone.
All of this.
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

I have set it so the maps can only be replayed once every 10 maps. I don't understand how they could be that over played with this restriction.
Last edited by Fire on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
MrBuppo

Post by MrBuppo »

Fire wrote:I have set it so the maps can only be replayed once every 10 maps. I don't understand how they could be that over played with this restriction.
They're overplayed for a couple reasons.

1. We've already played them WAY too much. I was tired of them 2 months ago. The 10 map cycle just means that we have to play them less often. I would prefer that we never see them again.
2. We're guaranteed to play these maps every 10 times. We have at least 40 maps, but we only play 16 of them at the most. It's like we've taken the worst maps on the server and given them a reserved slot on our map cycle.
Last edited by MrBuppo on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amishbull
Veteran

Post by amishbull »

The reason these maps are played a lot is because the players like them. I used to hate minegay, but over time I've learned to ignore the 8 bit graphics and think of it more from it's strategic standpoints (there are places for engineers, snipers, etc., not too big or too small).

You can always use the /nominate command to select the maps you would like to play. I know it's basically the first map that gets nominated that wins the vote, but not always, and you'd be surprised how many times no one nominates a map and the selection is random.

Also just fyi, the default map is crevice, not manncohq.

I've been trying to find us some new maps, but mostly what's out there right now are dark, dreary maps from Russia (similar to nova-prospekt).

If I could choose 3 maps to get rid of:
1. Convoy - cool looking but buggy and too many players hide on the lower outside parts of the cars.
2. Potato - too bright and nothing special
3. Citypeak - same reasons as Potato
Last edited by amishbull on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrBuppo

Post by MrBuppo »

amishbull wrote:Also just fyi, the default map is crevice, not manncohq.
No, the default map is Manncohq. It might be crevice on Freak Fortress, but did you know there are differences between the two servers? Unless it's been changed very recently, it's Manncohq on VSH.
Last edited by MrBuppo on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

Fire wrote:I have set it so the maps can only be replayed once every 10 maps. I don't understand how they could be that over played with this restriction.
Well unless the restriction applies for both the freak fortress voting I can end up on the same map twice in a row. I have terrible internet and get disconnected from time to time and occasionally the server I was playing on gets full, and I join the other and the map I was on was voted for/ was the map when joined. Usually during the minecraft maps is when they get full. And just so there is no misunderstanding it has nothing to do with your servers connection it's more me and my terrible internet.
Last edited by Dr. Axel Link on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

amishbull wrote: If I could choose 3 maps to get rid of:
1. Convoy - cool looking but buggy and too many players hide on the lower outside parts of the cars.
2. Potato - too bright and nothing special
3. Citypeak - same reasons as Potato
Don't forget that falling will cause massive damage to the hale. Those maps are a nightmare for bosses without teleports.