Update the rules on the servers

Post by Procrastinator Cubed »

I will list the current rules on the current Disc-FF servers:
- No Hacking/Cheating
- No Inappropriate Sprays
- No Racism/Excessive Vulgar Language
- No Mic or Chat Spamming
- Respect Others

These are the rules explained when you type !menu then select "Server Rules". I would like to request an update of these rules. By "update" I don't mean take out the current rules, I mean add rules onto the servers. E.G.: On the Trade/Idle servers, make a rule about "No Building in the Idle Tunnel" or "No spawn-camping" (This rule can also work with the Trade/Fun server). For the Death Run server, perhaps make a rule about no AFKing as a player, as it just wastes other players' time if there isn't an admin online to slay.

Why did I make this Suggestion? Today I was on the Death Run server, with the admin Dubstab. I said that my friend was doing unusual SFM pics for a craft hat each. Since there was no rule against advertising a service, I had no idea it wasn't allowed, obviously. He gagged me immediately; no warnings, signals, confirmation, etc. I then told him that this was unfair (on my mic), as there was no rule on the server saying "No Advertising Services". After I said that, he said I was lucky he didn't gag me for a week and also told me to "ask Fire about it", hence my suggestion
Last edited by Procrastinator Cubed on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phantom
Veteran

Re: Update the rules on the servers

Post by Phantom »

Procrastinator Cubed wrote:Since there was no rule against advertising a service, I had no idea it wasn't allowed, obviously.
I'm positive I banned you from our forums for a week for advertising. Why do you think it's okay in any of our servers or any place in general? People just trying to sell shit to you while you're trying to have fun is just plain annoying anywhere. Use your common sense man.

With that being said I'm all for adding the rules you suggested I'm just pointing out that 'no advertising' should basically go without saying in any server. But apparently that isn't so with our younger player base.
Last edited by Phantom on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
EngiDesu wrote:And I get to see this lovely piece of shit
Procrastinator Cubed

I'm positive I banned you from our forums for a week for advertising. Why do you think it's okay in any of our servers or any place in general? People just trying to sell shit to you while you're trying to have fun is just plain annoying anywhere. Use your common sense man.

With that being said I'm all for adding the rules you suggested I'm just pointing out that 'no advertising' should basically go without saying in any server. But apparently that isn't so with our younger player base.
I didn't advertise it on the mic, so it wasn't disturbing to anyone. And assuming I'm young because I like to trade and make a profit from what I do? C'mon.
Last edited by Procrastinator Cubed on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iPhone 6

Post by iPhone 6 »

why is this in the css section?
Last edited by iPhone 6 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Procrastinator Cubed

iPhone 5 wrote:why is this in the css section?
Shit, you're right. I guess I accidentally hit CSS Complaints/Suggestions rather than TF2.
I'll repost. Thanks for telling me :3
Last edited by Procrastinator Cubed on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phantom
Veteran

Post by Phantom »

Thread has been moved.
Last edited by Phantom on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
EngiDesu wrote:And I get to see this lovely piece of shit
DutchKitty
Veteran

Post by DutchKitty »

No advertising is just as common sense as no hacking.
Last edited by DutchKitty on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

To clarify things, trading stuff in text chat is allowed in FF2 (And prolly DeathRun, not really sure) since there's a large trading base/economy based in the game as long as it's not done on the mic. As for you getting gagged and all that, perhaps you were advertising for another person. I suggest you just stick to trading items to avoid confusing mix-ups.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

@Procrastinator Cubed:
I highly dislike if people are advertising. Alright, it is not in the rules. But hey, you have been banned for the same fact on the forums + do you really think that the next is possible, if you do advertise?: "Come to our DeathRun server while we hold a unusual hat contest! Join now on: <ServerIP>." You don't think that is allowed, do you?

@Spicy, yeah.. Basicly I putted strict rules from FF2 to DeathRun. Fluttershy had like no rules, so some people thought it was unfair. But I still believe that it was needed. And hey, a lot of people don't think it are dumb rules, though.