Suggestion/Removal for maps

Dubstab
Veteran

Suggestion/Removal for maps

Post by Dubstab »

I would like to make this post about map suggestions or removals. Would you like to add or remove a map just post here.

Format add/remove:
Map: (add | remove.) (Striketrough or remove which is not needed.)
Full name of map: (Mapname.)
Download link: (link). (Only needed by "add"!).
Server meant for: (Servername.)
Discription: (Discription add or remove). (Detailed reason requested.)

If anything more will need to be added, this list will be updated.

Note: I maked this threat to avoid spam. I hope this will be used by players/admins.
Note2: This is made for every server. If servers are done with one and the same map they are allowed to put in other maps.
Note3: You can also bring your opinion about what you like or dislike.
Last edited by Dubstab on Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sankoose120

Re: Suggestion/Removal for maps

Post by Sankoose120 »

Last edited by Sankoose120 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Map: add | remove.
Full name of map: vsh_arakawa_b1a.
Server meant for: Freak Fortress 2.
Discription: There are so many hiding spots that hales need more then 2 minutes with the last hiding scout/demo/soldier. This scout/demo/soldier went on a place where you think there is a invisable wall, while there is not. There are so many hiding spots and everybody has to wait these 2 minutes out while he is not even trying to fight. Admins are not always available to throw beacon on them.

Full name of map: DM_Mariokart_B2V2_Fixed
Server meant for: MarioKart Randomizer.
Download link: TF2 gamebanana ~ DM_Mariokart_B2V2_Fixed
Discription: I really think that MarioKart is getting boring without updates. I think we lost a lot of regulars with that. I want some new things which should bring the server to life. I hope it will get a map rotation, because one and the same map gets boring to me, now.

Full name of map :dm_mariokart3_v1
Server meant for: MarioKart Randomizer.
Download link: TF2 gamebanana ~ dm_mariokart3_v1
Discription: I really think that MarioKart is getting boring without updates. I think we lost a lot of regulars with that. I want some new things which should bring the server to life. I hope it will get a map rotation, because one and the same map gets boring to me, now.
Last edited by Dubstab on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Sankoose120 wrote:Beat you to it!
Totally, NOT!
Last edited by Dubstab on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Map: (add | remove.)
Full name of map: vsh_dr_may_tf2_final.
Download link.
Server meant for: DeathRun
Discription: It is a very glitchy map. The end is the glitch part. If you choose for "Laser Jump" you almost die instantly if you walk into it. If you choose for "Easy" and you press the button he is not dead. The B-Hop and the "Toxic" + "Burn" button are fine. Also, if someone chose for "Laser Jump" and the second guy finishes the run and he choses "Easy", you also have to wait the rest of the time, until it is over. Or the end should be fixed or this map should be removed.
Last edited by Dubstab on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

I have not tested any of these maps, but I think we could use some new maps, for I see the same maps over and over.
Add
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/173223
VSH_North_Mountain
Server: Freak Fortress and Versus Saxton Hale
Add
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/172670
Name: VSH Snowdime B2
Server Freak Fortress and Versus Saxton Hale

Add/return of
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/157199
vsh_oilrig_v14
Semi small map but loved this map.
Add
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/171697
Name: Vsh_dunger_b2
Great map, might have been removed a long time ago or I am thinking of another server, decent size, indoors, but has a maze-ish part that I always got lost on, which should be noted.
Add
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/170272
Name: VSH Nale B1e
Add
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/175609
Name: vsh_rockhill_b2

All of these are for Freak Fortress and Versus Saxton Hale. I think.
Last edited by Dr. Axel Link on Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
infinitewrath

Post by infinitewrath »

SURE [NL] wrote:Map: add | remove.
Discription: There are so many hiding spots that hales need more then 2 minutes with the last hiding scout/demo/soldier. This scout/demo/soldier went on a place where you think there is a invisable wall, while there is not. There are so many hiding spots and everybody has to wait these 2 minutes out while he is not even trying to fight. Admins are not always available to throw beacon on them.
I don't recall much trouble with players hiding on this map, then again it's not played too often when I'm on. I don't think many players are aware of the destructible walls and other hiding spots, most players from what I have seen camp on top of the small path building across from the cap, but perhaps you have had more trouble with this. Which brings me to my next point...

Full name of map: Delfino_Airstrip
Discription: This map is worse than arakawa could ever wish to be, players run out to the borders of the map to camp with sentry nests, there is no cap so players can't speed games along by just capping, the size of the map is absurd and the mass amounts of water make for even more difficulties, even some of the fastest hales would need to take 1.5-2 minutes (perhaps longer, I haven't tested this so) to run the maps border looking for the camping engineer nest. Then imagine all these players, aside from the boss, coloring themselves blue and waiting it out at the maps edge then running back to the other side of the map while the hale is still running the edges, games can take a good 15 minutes or more if the conditions are right, even when admins toggle beacon on players the map is so big and the water distorts it to the point where it does nothing, and what else could an admin do but warp the player or hale to where ever they need to be...if there is an admin on. A lot of people get frustrated when bosses spend a large amount of time looking for the last player, some even resort to ghosting to try and speed the games along, which is against server rules. I was in one game where the hale couldn't find the last player so he killed himself to move on to the next round.
Last edited by infinitewrath on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

infinitewrath wrote:I don't recall much trouble with players hiding on this map, then again it's not played too often when I'm on. I don't think many players are aware of the destructible walls and other hiding spots, most players from what I have seen camp on top of the small path building across from the cap, but perhaps you have had more trouble with this. Which brings me to my next point...
I have had many problems with this map, that people are hiding as a scout for example. They are going to wait those 2 minutes, which is delaying at the highest point, because you need to wait the whole 2 minutes every round. Thanks for your input, though.

infinitewrath wrote:Discription: ... the size of the map is absurd and the mass amounts of water make for even more difficulties, even some of the fastest hales would need to take 1.5-2 minutes (perhaps longer, I haven't tested this so) to run the maps border looking for the camping engineer nest. Then imagine all these players, aside from the boss, coloring themselves blue and waiting it out at the maps edge then running back to the other side of the map while the hale is still running the edges, games can take a good 15 minutes or more if the conditions are gright, even when admins toggle beacon on players ...
Defenitly a true story. The water is that big that a engineer can easily build up. The hale can reach (after the engineer could build up) the spot and needs to rage. Once raged on the engineer he has 1/4 done, because the engineer limit is 4. If the engineers are smart, they go on 4 different spots in the water. This could already take about 1 minute each engineer. I also would like to see this map been removed, but there are a few people who love the map..
Last edited by Dubstab on Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pheonix

Post by Pheonix »

Who cares if theres a FEW people who love the map, if it causes trouble for the server and it's a nusciance to keep, get rid of it.
Last edited by Pheonix on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

infinitewrath wrote:
SURE [NL] wrote:Map: add | remove.
I don't recall much trouble with players hiding on this map, then again it's not played too often when I'm on. I don't think many players are aware of the destructible walls and other hiding spots, most players from what I have seen camp on top of the small path building across from the cap, but perhaps you have had more trouble with this. Which brings me to my next point...

Full name of map: Delfino_Airstrip
Discription: This map is worse than arakawa could ever wish to be, players run out to the borders of the map to camp with sentry nests, there is no cap so players can't speed games along by just capping, the size of the map is absurd and the mass amounts of water make for even more difficulties, even some of the fastest hales would need to take 1.5-2 minutes (perhaps longer, I haven't tested this so) to run the maps border looking for the camping engineer nest. Then imagine all these players, aside from the boss, coloring themselves blue and waiting it out at the maps edge then running back to the other side of the map while the hale is still running the edges, games can take a good 15 minutes or more if the conditions are right, even when admins toggle beacon on players the map is so big and the water distorts it to the point where it does nothing, and what else could an admin do but warp the player or hale to where ever they need to be...if there is an admin on. A lot of people get frustrated when bosses spend a large amount of time looking for the last player, some even resort to ghosting to try and speed the games along, which is against server rules. I was in one game where the hale couldn't find the last player so he killed himself to move on to the next round.

Yeah please take down delfino airstrip. It's troublesome for everyone especially for hale who can't find it. As admin even if we use beacon, they can't really see it under water. I end up having to timebomb both players as they're wasting everyone's time (not so much for hale but moreso for players who class as engie and hide in the water). Also the only reason SOME players like the map is cause they can snipe the enemy and push him farther away from everyone else (which is also another pain in the ass cause then most people won't be able to get any damage because of them) and or be the engineer and hide.
Last edited by Faiithe on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:41 am, edited 3 times in total.