FF2 Boss Descriptors in boss selection

infinitewrath

FF2 Boss Descriptors in boss selection

Post by infinitewrath »

I would like to suggest bosses come with their own descriptions as to what each boss does that appear when selecting a boss instead of when you are about to play them, this would help new players figure out what boss would be good for them. I once played on a zombie fortress server with perks, and when you selected a perk a submenu would appear that gave a description of the perk and the option to accept the selection, go back, or just exit. I think that this sort of system would be good for when players set their boss, the description could be something like:

super jump/teleport
rage
health amount (low, medium, high)
stunnable (yes/no)

these are some ideas of what could be in the descriptors, because for one when a player is deciding what boss to be just having names won't tell them what the boss can do furthermore for some bosses their aren't any descriptions so new players won't know how to use them, for instance meem just says meeeeem and vagineer is all jumbled up, how would new players know that meem summons players who are dead, that he is impervious to projectiles, and can teleport. Even though players can learn what the boss does by playing the game , they would still have to wait for someone to play as the boss and even then that person might not know how to play them. I feel that by having this feature it would be more inviting to new players, and would allow players more opportunity to try new bosses, because people might only play as one boss because they don't know what the other bosses do.
Last edited by infinitewrath on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pheonix

Re: FF2 Boss Descriptors in boss selection

Post by Pheonix »

There are descriptors on this already but it would also be nice to put it in the actual menu in-game.

Thread: http://www.disc-ff.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3023
Last edited by Pheonix on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

We had some new players asking for a description of the bosses. Having them in game would be quite nice.
Last edited by goinundercover on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

Yea that would be nice. I don't know the info for some bosses that I never play and when on red roll explode before finding out or end up waiting an entire round to snipe or walk into my engy nest. I think. Most bosses I know but some I don't pay enough attention to.
Last edited by Dr. Axel Link on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

This is something I probably could do. Maybe I could add the info to the !menu or something. If someone wants to post on SURE's thread and help me out listing all the abilities and such that would help me a lot.
Last edited by Fire on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Pheonix

Post by Pheonix »

Fire wrote:This is something I probably could do. Maybe I could add the info to the !menu or something. If someone wants to post on SURE's thread and help me out listing all the abilities and such that would help me a lot.
Most of the abilities are listed in a comment post on the thread, but there are a few specifics left out. I'll do my best to fill the gaps.