Remove unlimited charge and buff on Idle servers?

Silencer1223

Remove unlimited charge and buff on Idle servers?

Post by Silencer1223 »

Hey there, I'm here to complain about how demomen and soldiers have unlimited charge and buff. I'm sure it was added with good intentions, but it's almost always used for one reason, which is to repeatedly spam other players on the opposing team with a shower of mini-crit rockets or continue smashing into someone. What it does do is completely take away the fun out of the server, and just becomes a pest to almost everyone. I hope something is done about it.
Last edited by Silencer1223 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Re: Remove unlimited charge and buff on Idle servers?

Post by SpicyCandy »

>>> http://www.disc-ff.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3369 <<<

Previous Issue we've had with it. You are one of the very few people who wish for these to be removed. Many others on the Idle servers find such things fun and it keeps them coming back. As Fire said, it's not a big issue and it really isn't.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silencer1223

Post by Silencer1223 »

I don't know about "many other people finding it fun." since only a small portion of players posted on that thread.
Many people also find spawncamping and sniping on the surf fun, and continuously do it. This gives it no legitimacy or justifies it. I'd also like to add that this unlimited buff and charge is used for spawncamping purposes very often.
Last edited by Silencer1223 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Booker DeWitt

Post by Booker DeWitt »

I find it fun, plus there's admins to prevent spawncamping. If you dont like it, add an admin from that server, and tell them the situation. Problem solved.
Last edited by Booker DeWitt on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billowz

Post by Billowz »

Im a admin on Idle #2. As Spicy said it is one of the features of the server that entice players to come back. Hell, I use it to stop people from spawncamping via CaberDemo'ing.
Last edited by Billowz on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silencer1223

Post by Silencer1223 »

:arrow:
Billowz wrote:Im a admin on Idle #2. As Spicy said it is one of the features of the server that entice players to come back. Hell, I use it to stop people from spawncamping via CaberDemo'ing.

First of all, people also came and had fun on the server before this feature was implemented and the server would still almost always be full. The ones who are "enticed" by doing nothing more than camping outside an exit and ramming people continuously with no skill or effort, are usually aggressive and just seek to disrupt the place.

I don't see why you needed to mention the second part. Ok, so it stops spawn campings in some occasions, but on other occasions, it also helps campers.
Last edited by Silencer1223 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Silencer1223

Post by Silencer1223 »

Booker DeWitt wrote:I find it fun, plus there's admins to prevent spawncamping. If you dont like it, add an admin from that server, and tell them the situation. Problem solved.
When the server is full (which it almost always happens to be) calling an admin is quite difficult.
Last edited by Silencer1223 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Silencer1223 wrote:
Booker DeWitt wrote:I find it fun, plus there's admins to prevent spawncamping. If you dont like it, add an admin from that server, and tell them the situation. Problem solved.
When the server is full (which it almost always happens to be) calling an admin is quite difficult.
Yea, I really do need to add a reserve slot plugins for that. Like I said before I don't think it's that big a deal, sorry.
ImageImage