General Grievous needs a bit of de-nerfing.

goinundercover
Veteran

General Grievous needs a bit of de-nerfing.

Post by goinundercover »

General Grievous, along with MeeM, were nerfed to spawn a maximum of ten players during each rage. It has worked out for MeeM due to the fact that MeeM can stun and has a faster minion movement rate, but with Grievous, there is no stun effect, the minions do not run as quickly as MeeMs, and can be almost impossible to take out an engie nest. I've raged about 10 times so far, and over half of those rages spawned a single minion who was unable to help at all since the sentry killed him almost immediately. I'd suggest a differentiation from MeeM and instead of adding a stunning effect, perhaps possibly revert back to his old rage, or create a minimum spawn amount and raise the maximum a little bit.

On a side note, weighdown is a real pain in the ass recently. It takes almost five seconds before weightdown kicks in, making it almost impossible to precisely goomba stomp someone with weightdown.

In Summary:
The Problem
- Often spawns 1-3 minions, even though all but one red player is alive
- Many minions go AFK while waiting for boss round to end, therefore causing some of the rages to be utterly useless

The Fix
- Spawn more minions via old full-server spawn rage, or set a minimum/ratio spawn rate for grievous.
Last edited by goinundercover on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Retired.
Faiithe
Veteran

Re: General Grievous needs a bit of de-nerfing.

Post by Faiithe »

I do agree. If Grievous gets nerfed regarding to minion spawn, might as well give Grievous the ability to stun too :/
Last edited by Faiithe on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
infinitewrath

Post by infinitewrath »

I did enjoy being able to goomba bomb players on rage as grievous but now... it's hardly threatening. I could understand MeeM cause he spawned all players of which all had mediguns, crit bottles, and were impervious to projectiles, on top of being able to stun everyone in range, it was like a buffed grievous, but I feel that complaints of MeeMs' rage dragged grievous into the nerf because of similar rage. Instead, to satisfy people who want a nerf to these types of rage, we could have the hales spawn only half of the player pool instead of all of them. Though I do feel that nerfing grievous' rage was unnecessary.
Last edited by infinitewrath on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

I would not agree with the fact that all of them get spawned back, like before. I think that 10 is pretty nice, but not powerful, certainly not if 3 or more are AFK. I would like the stun effect with it.
Last edited by Dubstab on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

Discussed the issue w/ Cover for a bit. Perhaps have a ratio between the Hale's health and how many he spawns OR the how many players are left and how many he spawns. Open to counter-suggestions.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

This is still a issue even after I gave his clones Pomsons?
Last edited by Fire on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

Most of this stuff was discussed before the revamp w/ the pomsons. I think it's fine now.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

It's fine now. This was a while back :T