Boss pack suggestion

Mr_Bubblez

Boss pack suggestion

Post by Mr_Bubblez »

Hello, my suggestion is to put the boss packs as a choice when you type /setboss. When the thing pops up to vote for the next pack it's always random that gets picked since people just spam 3 to get rid off the text box and most of the time it's boss pack 2 on the next map.
So making the boss pack a choice when setting your boss would be a great thing in my opinion.
Last edited by Mr_Bubblez on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faiithe
Veteran

Re: Boss pack suggestion

Post by Faiithe »

Err....what? The idea of /setboss is to set your boss :/
Last edited by Faiithe on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_Bubblez

Post by Mr_Bubblez »

I know, but it would be nice if people could pick the pack they want to use with it aswell. People never think about the boss pack that's being picked for the next round and it happens to be boss pack 2 ALOT when the voting ends up on 'random'
Last edited by Mr_Bubblez on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

Mr_Bubblez wrote:I know, but it would be nice if people could pick the pack they want to use with it aswell. People never think about the boss pack that's being picked for the next round and it happens to be boss pack 2 ALOT when the voting ends up on 'random'
The reason we split the bosspacks was that the server had to load too many bosses in one instance, and would crash a lot. If this were implemented, the server would have to load all the bosses, and we'd be back at square one.
Last edited by goinundercover on Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Retired.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Yeah, first I also did not understood what he meant. I asked him what he meant and he said that you first can choose from bosspack #1 and #2 and then set your boss. Like goingundercover just said, we did it to get the download length slower and to avoid server crashes. Well, I still don't think it is a bad idea, though. It would be nice, but it also would cause a lot of crashes.
Last edited by Dubstab on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Crashes I don't think is a problem anymore, that was patched by Valve a while back. However, I don't wish to make people shit through a 30 minute download to get onto the server. Even now I really need to make a 3rd boss pack cause we have too many on #1 and #2.
Last edited by Fire on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Sharky

Post by Sharky »

I do agree somewhat with Mr_Bubblez.
Most of the time it is boss pack 2.
How about Random bein random?
There must be some way to make the boss packs randomly select about 20 bosses total from all the bosses we have.
Isseu with the load time solved *deu to the loading of random bosses and isseu with constantly the same bos pack solved.
No more picking boss packs just randomized boss packs.
Nominate boss option could be fun too to fill the first 5 slots or so of the randomized boss pack for the next level.

Also noticed faiithe having 69 posts ^.^ when i made this one! go faiithe!
Last edited by Sharky on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.