RoadFromNoWhere

Dubstab
Veteran

RoadFromNoWhere

Post by Dubstab »

Alright. Well, I am a bit done with RoadFromNoWhere.

Map: (add | remove.)
Full name of map: vsh_roadfromnowhere_v2
Server meant for: FF2 (and VSH unconfirmed).
Discription: This is just a sad map. 70% of the hales get slaughtered, because if they knock the hale off the map, the demomans are camping with stickies on the place where he is landing. He is getting pushed off again because they have all the time to place them again. And so on.

I will ask a few VSH admins to add their opinion about this map.

Code: Select all

19:13 - Hipster Trip: we never really have a problem with that ever
Last edited by Dubstab on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mindacos
Veteran

Re: RoadFromNoWhere

Post by Mindacos »

Well this can be said for every map that respawns the hale somewhere specific everytime he falls, but Roadfromnowhere suffers the most of it because it's so small, and because it makes the hale spawn on Red team's spawn as well, making sticky setup even easier.
I'm not completely sure if it should get removed though, I haven't heard of any complaints about it until now. Let's see how this goes.
Last edited by Mindacos on Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Mindacos wrote:Well this can be said for every map that respawns the hale somewhere specific everytime he falls, but Roadfromnowhere suffers the most of it because it's so small, and because it makes the hale spawn on Red team's spawn as well, making sticky setup even easier.
I'm not completely sure if it should get removed though, I haven't heard of any complaints about it until now. Let's see how this goes.
Well, I got many complaints from regulars that it gets annoying. Mostly European regulars, which are sending me such messages. I am done of these, so made a complaint about this. I have no idea, how big the hate is under the admins/regulars.
Last edited by Dubstab on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

I don't have a huge complain about it (mostly cause nobody ever picks that map in FF1 anyway). I do have a complain about the newer maps though :T
Last edited by Faiithe on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

A change of the Hale's spawn location after he falls would probably fix this.
Last edited by goinundercover on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
Benstartri
Veteran

Post by Benstartri »

SURE [NL] wrote:
Mindacos wrote:Well this can be said for every map that respawns the hale somewhere specific everytime he falls, but Roadfromnowhere suffers the most of it because it's so small, and because it makes the hale spawn on Red team's spawn as well, making sticky setup even easier.
Well, I got many complaints from regulars that it gets annoying. Mostly European regulars, which are sending me such messages. I am done of these, so made a complaint about this. I have no idea, how big the hate is under the admins/regulars.
To be honest I've never had this problem happen to me before, but then again i haven't been on the map in a while.
Faiithe wrote:I don't have a huge complain about it (mostly cause nobody ever picks that map in FF1 anyway). I do have a complain about the newer maps though :T
How many of them are there? i've only seen 3... :(
Last edited by Benstartri on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Profile picture made by Faiithe.

SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

Already talked to Fire about this. We'll prolly change Hale's Spawn Area. I like this map.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
amishbull
Veteran

Post by amishbull »

It would be great if we could change the spawn location(probably back to his spawn would be best unless it could be randomized).
If the spawn cannot be changed, I'd have to agree that this map needs to go.
Last edited by amishbull on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Removed.
ImageImage