FF2 Map REMOVAL Suggestions

amishbull
Veteran

FF2 Map REMOVAL Suggestions

Post by amishbull »

A few players have suggested that we remove the dead wood as it were. Please use this thread to share your thoughts on which maps we should get rid of and why. Thanks!
Last edited by amishbull on Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
infinitewrath

Re: FF2 Map REMOVAL Suggestions

Post by infinitewrath »

I suggest removal of grid walls.

Here was the first forum thread about it and it seemed unfavored to begin with but made it onto the server anyway.
http://www.disc-ff.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=4387

The map is too small and too confined for freak fortress, on top of that it's bare, and wasting time trying to find the hale because your stuck in a cubicle is annoying. Engineers have no time to build anything and the map winds up getting RTVed. Also as it is mentioned in the thread above if a player gets stuck somewhere with the hale all they can do is die. I'm one of the players that likes to go after the hale and retreat when I need to and on this map neither of these are an option. Waiting around for the door to rise only to find out the hale wasn't in that cubicle is a pain, then finally getting to the hale and being unable to run away when low on health or ammo because I need to wait for the wall to rise. And if someone were to start capping the point and you as the player or hale wanted to stop them you wouldn't be able to because your stuck behind a slow moving wall, which can also kill players.

Overall the map isn't well suited for FF, and that thread shows the map shouldn't have even made it to the server in the first place.
Last edited by infinitewrath on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

Agreed with infinite. I don't understand why it was added after a unanimous decision. Now, every time we land in that map, it gets rtv'd (and believe me, I'm not the one who starts it).
Last edited by Faiithe on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Booker DeWitt

Post by Booker DeWitt »

Agreed, this map either ends with hale getting stuck in a sliding wall and dying, or red team getting destroyed by a rage or two. Also spies have taken the habit of just avoiding the hale completely with cloak watches delaying the round.

All in all this map is way too small and you're stuck with the hale, not to mention how many people hate it.
Last edited by Booker DeWitt on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
þçÑçåkë

Post by þçÑçåkë »

dont remove gridwalls its the best map >:(
Last edited by þçÑçåkë on Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
hellbear88

Post by hellbear88 »

Grid wall isnt that bad of a map aside from the doors able to crush players and the hales.
The Server needs different kinds of maps we have too many that look the same.
I dont mind gridwall it istnt big it isnt small and it doesnt matter if the hale has to catch the last people cause the Cap point works.
Last edited by hellbear88 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tapdoor

Post by Tapdoor »

For an ff2 map it can seem a bit weird at first since the map was created originally for VSH where the only rages were the scare and tele and there were only like 4 hales and not many buffs for players, but aside its still a pretty decent map. I like gridwalls. It can suprise and scare people depending where on you are in the 3x3 grid. There are other maps that are worse on the current map list honestly.
Last edited by Tapdoor on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Map: koth_aperture_science_iia
Remove the whole map.

Reason: Every round takes at least 10 minutes, which makes people leave because they are bored. It is such a confusing and oversized map. You can also come on top of GLaDOS, where most hales won't find the engi, while they do hear him. Place 2 lvl 3 sentries on top there, and the hale will never reach you with a super jump. I already played this map 4 times now and I still don't get the construction of this map in general.. What a terrible map.
Last edited by Dubstab on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
hellbear88

Post by hellbear88 »

not a terrable map, just has some problems like doors that should open dont, and the invisable staircase with matching hard to spot button.
And the hale can get ontop of glados OR he can cap dont remove just because it takes skill to get the engies.
Last edited by hellbear88 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

hellbear88 wrote:not a terrable map, just has some problems like doors that should open dont, and the invisable staircase with matching hard to spot button.
And the hale can get ontop of glados OR he can cap dont remove just because it takes skill to get the engies.
I played plenty of rounds where there are at least 5 people up there, so the cap point is not available, and the round takes ages until the hale is beaten to his death..
Last edited by Dubstab on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.