INVISIBLE BOSSES [Fix Inside]

amishbull
Veteran

INVISIBLE BOSSES [Fix Inside]

Post by amishbull »

UPDATE! VALVE HAS FIXED THIS ISSUE: http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=14724

IF YOU STILL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH INVISIBLE BOSSES LET A ADMIN KNOW!

In the last TF2 update Valve attempted to patch a file upload exploit. While fixing this patch they mistakenly added a filter for needed files that allow server owners to add custom models (*.dx80.vtx, *.dx90.vtx, and *.sw.vtx). These files store hardware optimized texturing data for a model, without them custom models will be invisible.

On Friday Eric from Valve sent out a email on the mailing list stating they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. However, Valve can sometimes be slow and I want to make sure all of you are able to play on our servers without issue.

Click the Boss Files link below to download all our Freak Fortress 2/Slender Fortress custom model files. In the download I only included the files you should be missing do to Valve's mistaken patch. Please read the READ ME! text file included in the download for instructions. Please be aware there is no need to overwrite any files you may already have when you copy paste.

LINK REMOVED <-----Click to Download Missing Files for Freak Fortress 2

LINK REMOVED <-----Click to Download Missing Files for Slender Fortress

If you have trouble starting the downloads above from the Steam browser, please try another browser.
Last edited by Fire on Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 18 times in total.
qwertqwerqweq

Re: FF2 INVISIBLE BOSSES

Post by qwertqwerqweq »

Really helpful, Thanks!
Last edited by qwertqwerqweq on Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proaxel

Post by Proaxel »

*SCROLL FARTHER DOWN FOR A STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON INSTALLING*
A ton of people are seriously having this problem. It doesn't seem to be happening to me, only some new players, probably people that have first joined after the new update (and thus, only downloading some of the files instead of all).

I suggest this solution should be shown every once in awhile in chat, for the sake of those people.
Last edited by Proaxel on Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Scouts in a Nutshell?
PukaTheDude
Veteran

Post by PukaTheDude »

Sorry for the late test. Works so far and will be letting people know throughout the server.
Last edited by PukaTheDude on Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Proaxel

Post by Proaxel »

Here's a little step by step guide to anyone who needs it.
HOW TO INSTALL THE FILES:

1. Go and download the file if you haven't already.

2. Right click on the file and select "Extract All...."

3. Don't change anything here; Just click extract.

4. A new folder of the same name should appear. Inside that folder is another folder called "steam".

5. Now, go to the root of your computer's directory. You should be able to do this by going to the Start Menu and clicking "Computer" or "My Computer".

6. Inside should be a Program Files(x86) folder. Drop the "steam" folder we talked about earlier in there.

7. It'll repeatedly ask if you want to merge folders. Click Yes for every single one of them. If it also says if certain file is already at the location, check the box "Do this for the next x conflicts" and click "Copy and Replace".

8. Restart TF2. If it says that a file is in use, shut down TF2 and try again.

Repeat this for the other 2 files.

If you do this for every boss pack and you did it correctly, the bosses should not be invisible anymore.
Cheers :thumbup:
Last edited by Proaxel on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Scouts in a Nutshell?
PukaTheDude
Veteran

Post by PukaTheDude »

Thank you for the step-by-step Proaxel.
Last edited by PukaTheDude on Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Thanks Amish. I have updated the OP to include a proper explanation and smaller more accurate download file.
Last edited by Fire on Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

Thanks a lot
Last edited by Faiithe on Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
GarishBus045

Re: INVISIBLE BOSSES [Fix Inside]

Post by GarishBus045 »

Well, even though I don't play much of the Slender/ FF2 (On our servers), I do appreciate this upload. I have been on them a little while ago and wondered why I was killed by a bunch of overhealed signs. Thanks Amish.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein