Dalek Weapon Change Suggestion

Jamieboi 1989

Dalek Weapon Change Suggestion

Post by Jamieboi 1989 »

So after reviewing Dalek again since his weapon change from The Righteous Bison to The Pomson here it is and im expressing it very seriously. It is still clear that this change to The Pomson has not benefited this boss very much at all and only fractionally. I have not seen it win in months (3+ to be exact.). I play on this server almost every day if im not too busy as I do work as it is in the mornings. The point is im a regular player here and I cant help but feel sorry for everyone who has played it as a random boss because not everyone picks a boss just like me which I honour more because it opens up for more challenge if you get a boss not as good at a certain map. Why do I feel sorry? Its simple really. Dalek is just far too weak for the speed he moves at and the time it takes for that grapple hook to slingshot you to a safer place takes too long if you want to get far away from heavy damage you cant avoid due to said slow speed. Even the most experienced hale players have not won with this boss from what ive seen. For this reason Dalek is usually killed too quickly and due to the lack of damage and radius of the gun as nerfed by Valve it is unable to kill effectively even at close quarters as that has proven hard to hit too not to mention. Also a lack of building damage to break through Sentry walls isnt really helping either.

So this is why im making this post. I feel the weapon should be changed to the other alternative weapon of this type that the Soldier uses. That is being the Cow Mangler. Why? Because it will give Dalek more protection from being surrounded more by blasting the floor and be able to deal more effective damage with a blast radius. Also having a secondary attack for disabling Sentries will help too. However dont make it as powerful as Wolfs rage damage. This change idea would not make Dalek overpowered in any way either as right now it is insanely underpowered. It will still be no Samus level of speed+power.

And that is my review on Daleks current state and is by far the weakest boss on the whole server right now. This boss has been been ignored for far too long and change is necessary. I would like to hear your own suggestions too and please lets hear some positive suggestions this time. There is nothing negative to say against this bosses current state. ALL bosses should be made fun to play at the end of the day and should stand a chance even if its map specific right?

Look forward to hearing from the community!

Update: Dalek was just played as on the new map icerink. The boss spawn cannot be destroyed with The Pomson therefore leaving everyone stuck in the spawn room as the door wont open until the boss spawn is destroyed.
Last edited by Jamieboi 1989 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Image Image
Deity of the Mask
Veteran

Re: Dalek Weapon Change Suggestion

Post by Deity of the Mask »

I agree entirely, though it is true I don't get onto FF as much as I used to, though if I can make suggestion. If not changing the weapon to the cow mangler, at least changing the weapon back to the righteous bison with its original stats pre-nerf would increase the the amount of people willing to play as Dalek instead of killing themselves at the start because he cannot do enough damage to kill the red team.

Amiibo Alex wrote: My uncle is a lawyer, and I will take legal action to this.
Jamieboi 1989

Post by Jamieboi 1989 »

That is true. Though it is valves radius of the beam nerf that has caused this problem in the first place. Is there even a statistic that can change the radius? If not at least some more damage and a more effective rage? I appreciate that you can agree to this as its always nice when an admin agrees to something. Makes my post feel more worthwhile. I see Dalek losing a lot these days with 20+ players still alive.
Image Image
Picked

Post by Picked »

Jamieboi 1989 wrote:So after reviewing Dalek again since his weapon change from The Righteous Bison to The Pomson here it is and im expressing it very seriously. It is still clear that this change to The Pomson has not benefited this boss very much at all and only fractionally. I have not seen it win in months (3+ to be exact.). I play on this server almost every day if im not too busy as I do work as it is in the mornings. The point is im a regular player here and I cant help but feel sorry for everyone who has played it as a random boss because not everyone picks a boss just like me which I honour more because it opens up for more challenge if you get a boss not as good at a certain map. Why do I feel sorry? Its simple really. Dalek is just far too weak for the speed he moves at and the time it takes for that grapple hook to slingshot you to a safer place takes too long if you want to get far away from heavy damage you cant avoid due to said slow speed. Even the most experienced hale players have not won with this boss from what ive seen. For this reason Dalek is usually killed too quickly and due to the lack of damage and radius of the gun as nerfed by Valve it is unable to kill effectively even at close quarters as that has proven hard to hit too not to mention. Also a lack of building damage to break through Sentry walls isnt really helping either.

So this is why im making this post. I feel the weapon should be changed to the other alternative weapon of this type that the Soldier uses. That is being the Cow Mangler. Why? Because it will give Dalek more protection from being surrounded more by blasting the floor and be able to deal more effective damage with a blast radius. Also having a secondary attack for disabling Sentries will help too. However dont make it as powerful as Wolfs rage damage. This change idea would not make Dalek overpowered in any way either as right now it is insanely underpowered. It will still be no Samus level of speed+power.

And that is my review on Daleks current state and is by far the weakest boss on the whole server right now. This boss has been been ignored for far too long and change is necessary. I would like to hear your own suggestions too and please lets hear some positive suggestions this time. There is nothing negative to say against this bosses current state. ALL bosses should be made fun to play at the end of the day and should stand a chance even if its map specific right?

And there are also some bugs to note on the server right now: Players having forced big heads randomly and Mummys rage not shrinking/slowing/hurting (this might be a change though?).

Look forward to hearing from the community!

Update: Dalek was just played as on the new map icerink. The boss spawn cannot be destroyed with The Pomson therefore leaving everyone stuck in the spawn room as the door wont open until the boss spawn is destroyed.
"his weapon change from The Righteous Bison to The Pomson here it is and im expressing it very seriously"

In fact,that thing is still the Bison,it just looks like The Pomson (still shootout Bison projectiles),so all they do is added a theme for him
Last edited by Picked on Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^Click it to my Steam profile^
Jamieboi 1989

Post by Jamieboi 1989 »

Well thats not very good then... So tecnicly speaking Dalek didnt receive a buff at all then other than a grappling hook that in my eyes isnt a buff as it doesnt help on some maps plus the delay of waiting for the hook to latch onto a far away wall just to escape resulting in heavy damage. Ive noticed it has dropped down to Weeping Angel level of Win/Lose ratio now and still continuing to drop...
Last edited by Jamieboi 1989 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image