Abraham
Veteran

Re: Prop Hunt Maps

Post by Abraham »

Bench wrote:+ph_chapel_rc2 Looked decent and bench props

+ph_well_b4
+ph_petitcourtyard_v1b
+ph_lakeside_b3

~ph_trainstation_fix Annoying music spammage and not the most entertaining for many
~ph_clocktown_v7 I don't know how much this is played when the server is empty, I personally am not a big fan
~ph_007facility_b1 I honestly don't know..
~arena_ravage_b1

Update:
+!ph_venice_a2a Fix the boundaries and bring it back
Chapel was also on the server at one point but was removed due to it being easily exploitable and for its obnoxious layout and the fact that it killed the server when ever it got voted on.

What comes to the next 3 suggestions :

All 3 of these maps where removed for their big size and them killing the server, Well had spawns that were big enough to be seperate maps, Lakeside had a lot of outside area that had a lot of room to be cut out to make it more suitable for prophunt and Petitcourtyard was removed due to our regulars disliking it (as well as if im not mistaken the map creator asked it to be removed, I might confuse it with another map)

What comes to the suggestion on Trainstation, if I recall right Yang has found a way to make the musicbuttons work the way that each could be used once per round, I will also message Ocheu about this and ask him if he wants to fix it him self.

Clocktown, as much as I personally dislike it I know a lot of regulars who are a fan of the map, mainly for that its yet another Zelda map, I havent seen it kill the server in a extreme way in a looong time.

We had a discussion about Facility as well wether to remove it or not and came to the conclusion that it should stay on the server.

Ravage, we decided to keep this map on the rotation because its a clean and simple map with a small layout yet a lot of spots. Its a useful map when the server doesnt have too many players for its size.

Venice, Me and if im not mistaken few others as well have messaged samba about fixing Venice a few times but he simply doesnt have the time nor the interest to fix it, I would gladly do it my self if I had any clue how to use Hammer. I will however try to find someone who would be willing to do the fix, after all its a rather easy fix to do.
Ian225 wrote:-I don't really know why music spamming is a problem all the sudden (and I don't find it as a problem either), it's never bothered me even though I normally blast music in my ears when playing. I feel like regulars spam their mics more than they spam the music buttons these days. If you wish to remove the music buttons on Trainstation, be my guest, but I don't really think removing the music is really necessary.

+Snowworks
+Venice
+Concord
+Nightclub
+Nervecenter

-I believe Concord was removed to make room for 007Skyrail. But now we need more maps, and Concord was a good one. Although quite big map, I think it is a good design and easy to hide/hunt in.
-Nightclub is an awesome map, maybe not the best, but favors new players. We could use maps with a good balance like this. I remember when this map was the top played, and now it has become rarely played. I understand why this was taken down, but I want it back.
-Nervecenter is a bit tight, but it is a normal size and easy for both good and bad players/regulars. I'm not actually sure about nervecenter, but I'd perfer for you guys to put this map into consideration.
Music overlooping has always been an issue, people are just getting annoyed for having to snd_restart the music every round several times for that someone always restarts the music. I still however dont accept nor agree on removing any music buttons, except maybe on redstone.

Concord was removed because it was one of the worst maps on the server, it was a huge map that killed the server for mainly 2 reasons :

1. It was humongous, even experienced players were troubling to check the entire map
2. People kept delaying the rounds by going to the secret room where you couldnt get out from and just chilling in there

I personally had no issues against Nightclub, other than me getting a headache in that map fairly often, but there is no denying in that it was a server killer. It had a lot of ground to cover both high up and down on ground level. There is a lot of people who say they liked it but surprise surprise, not too many who actually sticked around to play it.

Nervecenter, I personally loved that map, but I also get why people hate it. The CP was hard to reach, the map had a lot of narrow hallways and otherplaces where you could easily get blocked into, if a player was even half decent he had a huge advantage against new players which often caused the new players to disconnect shortly after joining in.

Now please, for future map suggestions please check the map list from game me rankings to see if you can find the map youre about to suggest. If the map you're about to suggest is on that list, contact an admin to ask why the map was originally removed.
Last edited by Abraham on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Bench

Post by Bench »

Abraham wrote:Now please, for future map suggestions please check the map list from game me rankings to see if you can find the map youre about to suggest. If the map you're about to suggest is on that list, contact an admin to ask why the map was originally removed.
I want to see you have a knowledge of maps to be added to a server that have apparently been on there previously but could not have known since you have been playing for only four months. I haven't seen you pitch in a map or your effort for new ideas. And if you did and it was being discussed privately, the reason for this thread to have people know about the current state and each player's view on prophunt maps.
Ian225 wrote:Hey, I've noticed the changes and just wanted to put my opinion into this
This reply was the only one that met one of the main purpose's of this thread
Ian225 wrote:I don't really know why music spamming is a problem all the sudden
Apparently it can result in being punished, I recently saw this multiple times on Redstone. I personally like the music on there, admins will disarm/slay/kick if you are caught looping the music; and I am guessing this also applies to Nervecenter with its multiple music buttons

I said Ravage should be removed because players were complaining about it and I took action for them when really they should have

A map being underplayed is only important for the regular players, they easily remember certain areas of overplayed due to the map's daily activity on the server. With a map like Concord, it was rarely played with regulars and thus meaning less important to be memorized. I believe that was one of the main reasons for the maps being removed.
Ian225 wrote:So here's what I want:
+Snowworks +Venice +Concord +Nightclub +Nervecenter
I agree with this except for Nightclub, but that is with me rarely playing the map to get comfortable with it.
Last edited by Bench on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Bench wrote:
Abraham wrote:Now please, for future map suggestions please check the map list from game me rankings to see if you can find the map youre about to suggest. If the map you're about to suggest is on that list, contact an admin to ask why the map was originally removed.
I want to see you have a knowledge of maps to be added to a server that have apparently been on there previously but could not have known since you have been playing for only four months. I haven't seen you pitch in a map or your effort for new ideas. And if you did and it was being discussed privately, the reason for this thread to have people know about the current state and each player's view on prophunt maps.
I dont know if you actually think ive been playing for 4months, but if you do, you couldnt be more wrong. Im literally closer to 4years than 4months, im pretty sure I hit the 3,5years milestone with this community this month, could be next month as well.

Ill point out a few things.

1. Did you not ask for discussion? Have I not been giving answers and opinions to your suggestions to throw in my few cents for the discussion? I've given my opinions and reasons as to why the maps you suggested should not be added back on the server. You just need to give me some answers as to why you think they should be added back.

2. Haven't seen me pitch in a idea or effort for new ideas? Its part of my "job" as an admin to discuss and suggest changes on the server, and from where I see it ive done my part on that, I've tested shitload of maps, given my opinions and ideas to the public literally hundreds of times.

3. Usually when the PH admins contact the PH regulars to have a discussion on maps, it always causes drama and unwanted chaos between regulars and admins, always. Thats why we have the discussions in private rather than making a thread.

Me asking you to check the Game Me rankings for the maps wasn't meant to offend you, it was meant to guide you to prevent suggestions that I personally find useless.

If you want those maps that we have removed for the reasons I gave you, please give us your reasons as to why you think they should be added back rather than critisizing me for "not pitching in" when that is exactly what im doing, and no "Because we need more maps" isnt a valid reason when it comes to maps that are known for killing the server.
Last edited by Abraham on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

Bench wrote:Apparently it can result in being punished, I recently saw this multiple times on Redstone. I personally like the music on there, admins will disarm/slay/kick if you are caught looping the music;
Well if you like the music thats fine i will not judge you. But myself and a few others don't want to have to keep "hitting our snd_restart bind/typing snd_restart into console" every 5 seconds just so we don't have to listen to the music. It gets really frustrating as it means you cant play cause your game freezes for a short amount of time, giving the enemy team a slight advantage.
Last edited by Yang Xaio Long on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Edit 23/11/21: What d'ya want? If you're here from 2021 and beyond and you want to find me, you can find me at → speedrun.com/user/Mr.Blonde ←

One Vision, One Purpose! The Technology of Peace. Peace Through Power

Bench

Post by Bench »

Abraham wrote:Ill point out a few things.
I meant in the sense that I have been playing on the server for four months and in that sense, you would not have much knowledge of previous maps
Most of the suggested maps were seen on Saxton Hell and I just easily assumed that they were half decent.
The only map on there that I have played and enjoyed really was ph_blockfort_a2 which I think should be added

The main reason for suggesting new maps was because I was tired of dockyard and just wanted a new map to become more played than it
Last edited by Bench on Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

From this point on, if you're going to suggest a map be added, especially one that the admins have previously voted to remove, you need to provide some detailed opinions as to why you feel they should be re-added. Simply disagreeing with us isn't going to help.

So, that being said, WHY do you think blockfort should be added? If I recall, it's been on the server before, but was removed. I was not involved in that decision, nor do I know why the decision was made, but if you have a reason you think it should come back, please tell us here.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

PembrokeWelshCorgi wrote:From this point on, if you're going to suggest a map be added, especially one that the admins have previously voted to remove, you need to provide some detailed opinions as to why you feel they should be re-added. Simply disagreeing with us isn't going to help.

So, that being said, WHY do you think blockfort should be added? If I recall, it's been on the server before, but was removed. I was not involved in that decision, nor do I know why the decision was made, but if you have a reason you think it should come back, please tell us here.
Again might not be correct as I could easily miss remember, but there was a time when the map maker and the admins and regulars had a huge conflict eventually causing the map maker to contact Fire and ask him to remove his maps from our server, Fire didnt remove all of them but if I recall right, Blockfort and Petitcourtyard were atleast 2 of the maps that got removed back then. Still, as I already said, I wont vouch for my own words since I could easily miss remember.

What comes to the map, I personally never had anything against it but I know a lot of people who highly disliked it, mainly for its unique layout and small size, which is odd and in all honesty bullshit considering the player base we had back then loved small maps that were easy to get points on.
Last edited by Abraham on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Bench

Post by Bench »

Most likely the final discussion for a while since I have looked through every map that could be added and found they no longer have good or possible reasons to be added, why was Labratory removed? I really liked the map and am not implying for it to be brought back, I am simply curious of why it was removed.
Steam
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Bench wrote:Most likely the final discussion for a while since I have looked through every map that could be added and found they no longer have good or possible reasons to be added, why was Labratory removed? I really liked the map and am not implying for it to be brought back, I am simply curious of why it was removed.
A majority of our regulars had a deep hate towards that map for various reasons that atleast some I can name :
The map layout was confusing and big
The map was cluttered with a shitload of barrels
Some players including my self had a major frame drop when entering the main storage room due to it being having too much clutter in it, and no my pc isnt a piece of crap, its not the best but I still run tf2 with over 200frames on a basis

There for we saw it was about time we removed it, it started to be an issue when we have few of our regulars nominating bad maps for fun then leaving when they got voted on, we tried telling them not to do so but its hard to punish someone for something like that when you cant really know if they actually like the map or not, there for we started removing maps that were a part of this issue to attempt and keep the server populated.

There is a lot more maps as well as map makers who have some unfinished maps under work, unfortuneatly most of the maps that I know of have either been on our server and been removed or arent public. What comes to the unfinished maps I think majority of them wont be finished anytime soon, if ever, Ocheu has been working on a map for literally over a year and seems to have no interest in finishing it.
Last edited by Abraham on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

This prophunt community has been alive for a long time and trust me when I say we've tried it all.
I've been involved in a lot of the map discussions since I was a long time admin on prophunt and I honestly don't think there is a existing map out there that we haven't tried.

Bench, please listen to abra because he has a lot of knowledge of the maps and the game in general. Nothing he says has an intention of shutting you or your suggestions down. But we've tried every single map out there and there's a reason they didn't stay.
Much love
Jasmine