Prop Hunt Maps

PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Re: Prop Hunt Maps

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

I'll have to test it some more, but on Dropdown, i found it very easy to fall into the pit. If it becomes a problem, should we consider blocking it off?
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

PembrokeWelshCorgi wrote:I'll have to test it some more, but on Dropdown, i found it very easy to fall into the pit. If it becomes a problem, should we consider blocking it off?
The pit is pretty much the same as on manor event, if you pay a little attention you really need to try to fall in, or thats atleast from where I see it
Last edited by Abraham on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

ph_control_c1
Its finished.

EDIT: Will be working on an update to the map in the next few weeks expect there to be more to the map
Last edited by Yang Xaio Long on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Edit 23/11/21: What d'ya want? If you're here from 2021 and beyond and you want to find me, you can find me at → speedrun.com/user/Mr.Blonde ←

One Vision, One Purpose! The Technology of Peace. Peace Through Power

Bench

Post by Bench »

Played ferrous for the first time, I have some fixes to implement:
(I was unable to upload all of the screenshots so I put them on imgur)

http://imgur.com/riwQIr9
Biggest problem, rest are very minor. This ledge is invisible ingame, I used r_drawclipbrushes 2 to show it. It is possible to get there ingame by jumping on the left shelving.

http://imgur.com/yLoSo9X
Similar to last one, this is right by the cp. These ramps are invisible ingame, it would be better if they were visible so people don't get confused or removed since they don't provide a big benefit.

http://imgur.com/dx79Ip5
I don't know what needs to be done for a prop to be on the prop menu, the hand truck should be on there.

http://imgur.com/1qzRQ5J
Same with what was mentioned above.
Last edited by Bench on Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Bench wrote:Played ferrous for the first time, I have some fixes to implement:
(I was unable to upload all of the screenshots so I put them on imgur)

http://imgur.com/riwQIr9
Biggest problem, rest are very minor. This ledge is invisible ingame, I used r_drawclipbrushes 2 to show it. It is possible to get there ingame by jumping on the left shelving.

http://imgur.com/yLoSo9X
Similar to last one, this is right by the cp. These ramps are invisible ingame, it would be better if they were visible so people don't get confused or removed since they don't provide a big benefit.

http://imgur.com/dx79Ip5
I don't know what needs to be done for a prop to be on the prop menu, the hand truck should be on there.

http://imgur.com/1qzRQ5J
Same with what was mentioned above.
Ill respond in order :

The 1st one I made as a sneaky spot that can be used in your advantage once you learn a little of the map. I wont be removing this as the room is still very well lit which makes it semi easy to spot and there is no haypiles etc that you could abuse in the spot. Its hard to get to but once you get the hang of it you can do it everytime. I can make it smaller to make it even harder to get there and to stay up there.

The 2nd one, these ramps were added to the map by original map maker to make it smooth for you to run out of there without getting stuck on the floor, this is actually very good addition to the map as it makes it smooth to run around. The CP room is already pretty crowded and I find this a good addition to the map, how ever if I there is more people that want them removed its no issue remove them,

The 3rd one, I was actuall meant to add the handtruck to the propmenu and its nothing but typing one more line to the config, its easy to add in there.

The 4th one, again same response. Was meant to add it in there but I simply forgot.

Also addition to the other map that was added, dropdown, ill be making some modifications to the map. Simply opening some areas and adding some props to those places, I wont be opening too much since the map already has quite a lot of space in it considering all the rooms together but definitely those spots that seem like you should be able to get there but cant for that the original map maker added playerclips to those areas.
Last edited by Abraham on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Thanks for all of your work Abraham. I think Dropdown is a very nice looking map and opening up those areas will help people warm up to it.
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

PembrokeWelshCorgi wrote:Thanks for all of your work Abraham. I think Dropdown is a very nice looking map and opening up those areas will help people warm up to it.
Ive had very little to do with these maps, i've pretty much only added props and some no buildzones to make the gameplay smoother for prophunt. Im also waiting for the vmf file of Venice from Samba to fix the roof areas on the map and some lightning.

Ive also sent a mapfile of a tf2 version of a classic Counter Strike map Dust 2 to Fire. Its a smaller version of the original map but I opened some roof areas on it, the original map maker had went a bit crazy on props with it so I had to take some away from certain places and add some in others. Also included 2 small secret rooms that will work untill people learn them, once theyve learned them, these spots are basically death traps.

I appreciate the graditude, even though my work has been barely existant on the maps.
Last edited by Abraham on Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Bench

Post by Bench »

Abraham wrote:The 1st one I made as a sneaky spot that can be used in your advantage once you learn a little of the map. I wont be removing this as the room is still very well lit which makes it semi easy to spot and there is no haypiles etc that you could abuse in the spot. Its hard to get to but once you get the hang of it you can do it every time. I can make it smaller to make it even harder to get there and to stay up there.
I feel like this ledge should be smaller and you can also be a locker prop which can be kind of difficult to spot at first.
Abraham wrote:The 2nd one, these ramps were added to the map by original map maker to make it smooth for you to run out of there without getting stuck on the floor
I meant to suggest the ramps be rotated towards the cp instead of to the sidewalls.
Last edited by Bench on Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Bench wrote:
Abraham wrote:The 1st one I made as a sneaky spot that can be used in your advantage once you learn a little of the map. I wont be removing this as the room is still very well lit which makes it semi easy to spot and there is no haypiles etc that you could abuse in the spot. Its hard to get to but once you get the hang of it you can do it every time. I can make it smaller to make it even harder to get there and to stay up there.
I feel like this ledge should be smaller and you can also be a locker prop which can be kind of difficult to spot at first.
Abraham wrote:The 2nd one, these ramps were added to the map by original map maker to make it smooth for you to run out of there without getting stuck on the floor
I meant to suggest the ramps be rotated towards the cp instead of to the sidewalls.
The locker and CP are quite easy to spot in the end, all you need to do is look for a black line on a bright wall. I can make additional ramps or stairs directed towards the CP but im also keeping those ramps directed towards the sidewalks.

Ill be making these changes once I figure out what else to add in the map, im possibly adding some sort of a secret room at some point but not quite yet
Last edited by Abraham on Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

My first thought about Dust is that it's way too bright. I turn down my brightness and it's still too bright. I find it hard to play in for this reason.

But it's compact and easy to navigate. Despite being small, it still feels like there enough places to hide.