Bum Rushing Bosses

Mr Pockets

Bum Rushing Bosses

Post by Mr Pockets »

It happens, and while for some maps its not a problem due to their size/obstacles, but for other small maps when a round starts and a boss bombtrucks the players of course red team loses a few.

Speaking for some new players to the mod, this is usually them that get absolutely destroyed. sure they learn a bit, but even after there's still some maps where bosses can reach the players with a super jump withing 10 seconds of the round starting. that gets a little ridiculous I believe.

So why not give mini-crits to the players for the first 5-10 seconds of the round? While mini crits wont destroy the boss if the players rush, especially if its viably short lived- it would discourage a boss from blasting straight into red spawn and demolishing the team.

I get and understand this is Not a game-breaking issue. But it does get annoying when the popular (#4 for vote) maps happen to also have these close quarters. Veteran players can avoid the Leeroy Jenkins Round Start, but other than that blam. ded. and it is kinda lame.
No, I'm not the Scout Voice Actor.
Illuse
Veteran

Re: Bum Rushing Bosses

Post by Illuse »

To me as a Freak fortress admin, the boss being able to super jump to the red spawn shows no problem to me, Players simply need to look up and shoot, While in air, I do believe you take more knock back. Not only that, but I super jumped to the red spawn only to be met with 2 power plays and a lot of crits from a team critical roll. Those first few moments can determine the way of the match. So honestly with red being able to roll, stun with the infamous short circuit, and heal. I genuinely see no problem with the hale being able to do that. The solution is easy, watch the skies. Besides some hales make a sound when jumping. Shulk yells and spicy candy (the boss) grunts. This makes it easier to tell when they are jumping.
"Here's a ref while you suck his furry cock" Idjit