Killstreak Weapon Bug

ya dingis lions

Killstreak Weapon Bug

Post by ya dingis lions »

So i purchased a professional killstreak shortstop of my own today and was anticipating to use it on the disc-ff servers but when i came on there was no sheen, effect, or anything. I'm seeing this as a problem because if another regular like me who spends most of their tf2 time on Disc-ff gets a killstreak weapon they wanted to use, seeing this bug would be an upset. Now it seems that not every killstreak weapon does this but it has happened, and i have seen it for myself. I feel that being able to set your killstreaks on most servers is great, but it just sucks to see them not work. To give you a guys a bit of a view on what happened, i came on and discovered the problem. I left the came and came back, switched classes, loadouts, killstreaks, you name it. It seemed to not wanna work. I have a specialized ks shortstop and a pro one. The specialized worked but the pro one which i was using didn't. I decided to investigate, so i went on other servers run by teamfortress, and other modded servers to see if the issue applies there, but it seems that only on the disc ff servers am i finding this problem. I have tried multiple servers on that note, but it didnt respond. I talked to admins and other regulars about this, Polar mentioned that when he inspected my Professional killstreak shortstop, it only displayed it as a normal shortstop, which i found rather odd. I got help from Moshi Moshi so i have ended up here. I hope this doesn't happen to other players because it can be a real bummer if you love those types of effects. I hope someone can look into this and possibly find a solution so that other weapons won't be unresponsive too, thanks.
OceanDaddy will see you now.
Jason Wolf

Re: Killstreak Weapon Bug

Post by Jason Wolf »

Either A: You don't have the basic VIP because it's not in your favorites
Or B: It's your HUD causing the problem.
Spoiler
3P051
ya dingis lions

Jason Wolf wrote:Either A: You don't have the basic VIP because it's not in your favorites
Or B: It's your HUD causing the problem.
Well I already had the server in favorites so thats not the problem, and i removed anything custom i had and there was no change. I think its something with the servers and not me, because i see it everywhere else just fine.
Last edited by ya dingis lions on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

It's a problem that has always been with the servers, as where I used to have a hot rod singularity sheen that never worked on Disc-FF servers but worked everywhere else.
ImageImage
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

There was a plugin added a few months ago that allows weapons that were previously disabled on freak fortress and vsh, but they share the same statistics as stock weapons. These weapons do not show killstreak effects. A few examples are the natascha, blutsauger, kritzkrieg, etc.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
ya dingis lions

White Sedan wrote:There was a plugin added a few months ago that allows weapons that were previously disabled on freak fortress and vsh, but they share the same statistics as stock weapons. These weapons do not show killstreak effects. A few examples are the natascha, blutsauger, kritzkrieg, etc.
so no way to fix i guess right? If not does the pro ks nessie's nine iron also not work? because that would be my plan b weapon
Last edited by ya dingis lions on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ya dingis lions

Or baby face blaster
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

I have had Issues with my pro kill streak short circuit. Just never complained about it.
ya dingis lions

Yea, just sucks because im almost only on disc ff servers and it doesnt work on saxton hale mainly, im thinking of getting a pro ks baby face blaster and im hoping the same wont happen
SuperXtream500

Post by SuperXtream500 »

USER HAS BEEN WARNED FOR NECROPOSTING
Last edited by White Sedan on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.