voting for a map

KaMiKaZi

voting for a map

Post by KaMiKaZi »

hi, disc ff servers are my favorite, there is a simple thing i don't like on your servers and it's happening everyday, when vote comes everyone is voting for number 4 because they are playing/lazy :cry: so please go check it out on server 1 (freak fortress) and reply to me it's really annoying that they keep playing the same maps again and again without giving attention to other maps and i really want to see and play new maps, so please try to make the server change the map randomly it's better trust me please, and i hope you don't ignore me because your servers are the best in my opinion, thank you and good bye.
Bench

Re: voting for a map

Post by Bench »

I think they should remove the text in options 2 and 3, or use only one line to inform of the command /revote. Honestly nobody reads them and it could be used for map votes. Although I would prefer to have 5 map options (currently there are 6) to reserve some space, but just personal opinion.
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

The nomination/map voting system has been a target of complaints for a number of years. Our previous iteration of the system allowed numbers 1-3 to be used to vote as well, which made the "first in the list" issue worse than it is right now. I personally suggest if you want people to vote for a different map than what's on number 4, try suggesting one of the other maps that are up for voting (and avoid saying not that map). As for "giving attention to other maps" try nominating some of those maps to try and get them into rotation more often.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

the recent change to the map voting/nomination system in freak fortress is one of the main reasons I rarely go there. Why have a cool down anymore? i missed the randomizing thing when everyone had a more fair shot at getting the map they want.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

Ok I maybe a little pissy here but, The map voting system is near perfect. The simple truth is people are to damn lazy to look at the options and choose. If they would think before they do Trump would not be in the white house. None of the passers by that come into our servers and play are going to do more than hit the first key to get the voting option out of the way because it bugs them. Leave it alone it is not the system it is the players!
Jamieboi 1989

Post by Jamieboi 1989 »

Agreed on the top choice always winning the vote 90% of the time including Boss Packs. However with Boss Packs at least this keeps them alternating. But with repeative maps playing far more times than lesser maps and many times a day it can be an annoyance. Personally I too myself would like to see a better mix of maps. In my opinion it would be nice if the same map will not be able to show up again for the next 12 hours since it was played. Thats providing we have at least 24 maps to choose from which we may not as the average map time is 30 mins long plus up to 2 extensions which would bring it up to 50 mins long. Perhaps way too complex to put something like this in but hey a suggestions a suggestion.
Last edited by Jamieboi 1989 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Picked

Post by Picked »

Put extend the map to #4,
remove "No vote",
add a "Random" vote.
Last edited by Picked on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
^Click it to my Steam profile^