capping on ff2

CuteCamii

capping on ff2

Post by CuteCamii »

Hi guys it may have been said before but something needs to be done about capping on ff2 its just a from of trolling the hale Its just pathetic when people cap then drop the lenny face let me know your thoughts on this problem Ik i am alittle upset but you know its just not right for a easy win as red :thumbdown:
Rigby!

Re: capping on ff2

Post by Rigby! »

Before posting a suggestion, ask yourself: Am I posting this suggestion to benefit the group as a whole, or just myself? How will other forum browsers respond to what I post?
Last edited by Rigby! on Wed May 17, 2017 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.
Sky Dragon

Post by Sky Dragon »

It works both ways; the hale could easily do the same. It's more beneficial for everyone to have a cap option as to not have to wait 10 minutes for the hale to chase after scouts and cloaked spies and eventually kill them.
FawfulRoach
Veteran

Post by FawfulRoach »

Sky Dragon wrote:It works both ways; the hale could easily do the same. It's more beneficial for everyone to have a cap option as to not have to wait 10 minutes for the hale to chase after scouts and cloaked spies and eventually kill them.
Last edited by FawfulRoach on Wed May 17, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

We've had a rule against capping on VSH since I joined the server, and it was probably the single worst rule we had. It causes a ridiculous amount of hostility in the playerbase, works only in the favor of the Red team, and can force a lot of games into a stalemate which would normally end with someone just capping and finishing the round. I could go on and on about it, but the point is that there shouldn't be a rule barring people from capping, ever.
Fire wrote:Funny but don't post this stupid shit.
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.
Angel Ambrosius
Server Admin

Post by Angel Ambrosius »

I cap as both hale and when playing against the hale. If you allow the enemy team to cap the point, then that's your own fault.
You can easily sit atop the CP and force the enemy to come to you if you are hale, or if the hale has low hp and is hiding then it would have the same effect if you cap it as one of the mercs. If the enemy refuses to come, well then you win. No need to chase after a scout with the winger and atomizer or a spy who constantly cloaks/deadringers and runs away. Even if they try to insult you afterwords, doesn't matter, you still won. Bottom line though, as stated above, it saves time that would otherwise be wasted watching a hale chase after someone who happens to be exceptionally good at running away.
Last edited by Angel Ambrosius on Wed May 17, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Spookleton wrote:
Fire wrote:Don't remember you sorry.
He must've been a previous Admin, then.
Illuse
Veteran

Post by Illuse »

Capping has always been a viable strategy when it comes to playing Freak fortress. As I told people on the servers, its there for a reason. If you remove the capping or make a rule against it then spies could drag things out into a stale mate. I have capped and been capped on, but both times it was on me. Sometimes I start to cap just to drag a hiding player out.
"Here's a ref while you suck his furry cock" Idjit
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

I think all of us can agree that capping isn't an issue on Freak Fortress, and as Rigby said, try to only suggest things that can/do affect the server as a whole, not something you personally have an issue with.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.