Buff suggestion for Doom.

giveit5

Buff suggestion for Doom.

Post by giveit5 »

Hey I've played on freak fortress for a few years now but never really felt the need to post a buff suggestion until now. Doom in his current state is quite an underwhelming and under-powered boss. His win/loss ratio is about 43% as of posting, and other regulars I've asked agreed that he needs some changed,
1)The first and biggest issue with him is his damage, I just played a game against him, and as him, and he couldn't even one shot spies or snipers, and killing the heavier things like pocketed heavies or sentries was just a nightmare. I would propose a small increase in his melee damage, somewhere in the 175-210 range so he can actually kill light classes, and not have to relay on inconsistent, and easily countered, item drops for the other heavier things.
2)The second issue with him is his knock back. Now I could be wrong but I don't think he gets any knock back resistance, meaning snipers, sentries, and crit boosted heavies just throw him away like a piece of trash. This is made worse by him being a soldier base and having an incredibly long super jump cool down of 8 seconds, that then charges slower then most bosses. A couple of ideas I've asked around for and came up with are either give him 25% knock back resistance, or reduce super jump cool down to 4 seconds and speed up how fast it charges to max.
3)If these fixes go through his hp could also be reduced since I believe it's currently above average.
4)On a side note I wouldn't suggest giving him a rage again, I love how he is the only no rage boss.
These three fixes should make Doom more enjoyable to play as and against, since as of now it's no contest really to kill him, and playing as him is just a joke.
Thanks for reading and for any other feedback about whether or not Doom needs a fix, and for any other suggestions people would have for him.
White Sedan
Veteran

Re: Buff suggestion for Doom.

Post by White Sedan »

This boss has been changed so many times already so I feel like he should be left as he is. There are good and bad bosses, Doom just requires some skill and is a good challenge for the experienced players on the server who don't wanna play something really boring and easy to win with.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.