Perma Mute Apeal [Tura-Kenz]

Tura Kenz

Perma Mute Apeal [Tura-Kenz]

Post by Tura Kenz »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tura-Kenz_0188935
Your Steam ID: Tura-Kenz

Which Admin Punished You: Varple
Type of punishment: Mute
Server where you received the punishment: Freak Fortress Server #3 74.91.113.65:27017

How long they punished you for: Permanently

Reason why they punished you: Flame
“History of being an annoyance on the server, talks too much, has a history of mutes, been warned in the past before, and overall ran out of chances with the admins.”

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.

“History of being an annoyance.” Annoyance, does that include my voice, personality, open mind, face, etc.? There’s nothing about this reason that stands true. If I am an annoyance for a fairly long time I’d be banned not muted far back.

“Talks too much.” It’s a fact that I talk more than the average person, the reason why I talk “too much” is because of my personality and train of thoughts. I’m a very social person, bright, open minded and just somebody that plays the jester. I’m smarter than what I let off, I can’t respond as well in real time.

“Has a history of mute.” Most of those mutes are short and friendly and about a fifth of those are real mute. Plus using a history that spans back 2+ years. A few month before this mute the frequency drop only around 2-4 per month. The years before was around 3 a week.
“Been warned in the past before.” There’s a difference with a warning and a reminder. Warnings are precautions/teachings of laws/rules that are supposed to taken seriously and be followed. Reminders are bringbacks to the warnings that were told. It’s tedious for everybody to stick a reminder inside my head, but there’s no harm of such actions.

“Overall ran out of chances with the admins.” I don’t how this is accepted as a supportive reason. It can’t stand by itself, you also have to include the personal bias to those chances.
Want to talk about chances with the admins? From what I recollect there only needs to be 3 admins that oppose a lift on a punishment, and there’s 48 admins in total. There’s 27 admins that I’ve met for a decent time length. I have 1/9 chance of this mute being lifted. That’s a mathematical chance and that’s not including the ones who won’t see this in time before all three opposing votes are posted.

Reason why we should remove the punishment:

The main reason for the mute is the possibly the negative perspective some with only short interactions and not with a long stay around. Most of these short interactions are just filled with trouble makers, loud mouths and toxic people. I’m just hovering there trying to deescalate the situation, many times it doesn’t do anything.
A second probably that driven the mute is my lack of ability to respond in a proper real time manner. My thought process is a third of a “normal” person in communication. Given time I can show the colors of my true self and intelligent. That also include recognizing a social problem.

What I do on the mic is what I do in life, socialize with the other people, find out what’s happening with everybody else who’s open to share and just having a fun time with everybody. Course there’s always going to be trouble where peace makes a stance and there’s no workarounds only confrontations.
I don’t have any intentions to make the servers a living hell, nor do I want to unintentionally stress out the admins. I don’t want to press buttons nor do I want to such actions.

The problem I see in almost everybody is their lack of empathy while they’re stressed out, making them lose their ability to see through someone else’s eyes. It also causes unintentional tension with somebody without any clear reasons. It also can cause somebody in a position of power to lose their own morality and reasonings towards that individual or everybody else. Combine this with a developing brain may cause future troubles if it’s not address.

Forgive and forget once 4 times the worth of the punishment has passed. Forgiveness is something that is earned and not thrown away. We’re all humans and we’re not the same, some takes only a few tries others have to climb the entire mountain range. I’m a third way through that range in a sense. It’s not out of reasonable grasp to wait and see one mature in time. But those who can’t see through another’s eyes can’t climb the ladder. We’re all still learning no matter how experienced and for how long we’ve been doing so.

I fully acknowledge the fact that at times I can be very tedious with the constant reminders. That’s just a minor problem I have, the problem I do have is the lack of senses with time. I occasionally lose my senses of time and may "ramble" on for about a minute or two, until I get my senses back or somebody telling me so. It's something that I'm constantly working on improving.

The question that needs to be asked the most is, am I really that bad of a problem on the mic to be punished with a permanent mute? Answers with bias is a given, but there’s many facts that stands out. I don’t intentionally try to become the nuisance for all players on the servers, and I don’t want anybody to become or be a nuisance. I try to help out people who’s new to the server and gamemode. Many of the times when that happens no regulars nor admins are there to witness it.

There’s no other server group that I would rather play with and I want to enhance the experience for all, putting more sugar on the cookie. Many won’t like it yet many will like it. There’s always a handful of broken people that goes on the server looking to vent off. I’m there as an optional vent, letting them open up and relieve themselves. I don’t let myself let anything kind of beef with somebody, I learned to let go of grudges 4 years ago.
Last edited by Tura Kenz on Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varple
Veteran

Re: Perma Mute Apeal [Tura-Kenz]

Post by Varple »

Armen wrote:
As far as I'm concerned Tura, you have been a disturbance on the server(s) for quite some time with a lot of warnings and mutes. You're also a long-term player so you know exactly what the rules are.
The perm mute is completely justifiable and it will not be shortened or removed for now.

Appeal denied. Perm mute will stay.
A direct quote from the last appeal you had.
Last edited by Varple on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruhlar wrote: Excuse me, you motherfuckers
Ruhlar wrote: Locking my posts, the fuck you think you are? B1
Dongle
Forum Mod

Re: Perma Mute Apeal [Tura-Kenz]

Post by Dongle »

Punishment will stay. Appeal denied.
ImageImage