Ban Appeal

WithinTheMainCode

Ban Appeal

Post by WithinTheMainCode »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WithinTheMainCode/
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:78953893

Which Admin Punished You: Dongle

Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): Ban.

Server where you received the punishment: 24/7 Surf.

How long they punished you for: Perm.

Reason why they punished you: Admin Impersonation

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.:

Shortly befor Doggle joined Surf Skill Server, 3 players were attempting to disrespect and impersonate me. I then called Admin: [C/M/P]ᴴᵘˢᵏʸᶠᵒˣ to deal with the harrasment. When he joined; he told them to change their names; what they did was for example change their names to: WithinTheMainCode!, following that Husky said he was busy and that they were not a direct impersonation. He then left; leaving them to harrassin me; He then called Doggle on to the server. I talked with Doggle about the situation and what was impersantion and what wasent; i then said for example changing my name to this; [penis]ᴴᵘˢᵏʸᶠᵒˣ at the moment of which i gave the example he banned me without warning. The name change was not a direct impersonation and i was not disrespecting the admin; ᴴᵘˢᵏʸᶠᵒˣ. This situation could of been easy and fixed if only ᴴᵘˢᵏʸᶠᵒˣ would of given a punishment to the 3 who were harrasing me.

Reason why we should remove the punishment:

I was not directly impersonating the admin; ᴴᵘˢᵏʸᶠᵒˣ, but giving an example to admin; Doggle. I was not disrespecting an admin for putting the phrase "[penis]" in front of his name, i could of put anything there for example; Puppy or rock, the word penis was the first thing to come to mind. If the admin; ᴴᵘˢᵏʸᶠᵒˣ, would of punished the 3 who were harassing me then Doggle wouldent have to come on and ban me without warning; even tho I was giving a example. That is why this permanant ban/punishement should be removed.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by Dongle »

Considering there was a ton of confusion and caused me to ban the wrong person, copying and pasting someone's name and making it your own is considered admin impersonation because players will think you're the admin when you're not. The situation with the three harassing players is something you and Husky need to work out, and I only came on to deal with someone who had taken his name.

Edit: Added evidence
Spoiler
Last edited by Dongle on Wed May 18, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
HakureiReimu_Husky

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

I am remaining completely neutral on this situation. Since dongle was the one who handled the report filed against you for admin impersonation. However, you have been quite rude in private messages. However I will not hold that against you.
This is goodbye.
WithinTheMainCode

Post by WithinTheMainCode »

Actually the 3 harassers were still on the server when Dongle joined Surf Skill, and I did not fully copy and paste Husky's name as my own. Even tho I did declare that it was an example and it was not fully Husky's name. Addressing to Dongle; you were only called onto the server because i changed my name to Husky's which was meant to only be shown in private chat with him. When he stated that you were coming online I realized that the server displayed my name as Husky's name. In which I changed it; and after talking to you about the situation and what happened, I said I would like to know what it really meant to Admin Impersonate/Player Impersonate stating that the actions i did were examples.

I request that I be unbanned for that I was not showing disrespect and I was merely giving an example. I am unsure what has to come to the 3 harassers, but once again if Husky would of fully done his job and told them to change their names fully, Not leaving them as: WithinTheMainCode! or WithinTheMainCode's Best Buddy, then this whole situation could have been avoided.
HakureiReimu_Husky

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

I had told you in PM that they made their names distinguishable to yours. However, you only added a period to my name when you had copied it.
This is goodbye.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

I'm willing to lift your ban since you never really had bad intent in the first place. Next time, don't copy an admin's name.
ImageImage
SakuraTheBabyfur

Post by SakuraTheBabyfur »

Appeal resolved.
Last edited by Armen on Thu May 19, 2016 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Survivor of the Gaymen Apocalypse 2015
Gaymen wrote:Forum ban? Is that like a band full of faggots like Armen.