Ban Complaint

Squall

Ban Complaint

Post by Squall »

Okay,

So simply there is something wrong with your banning policies or MoneyKidKing. I was banned for an entire week for a simple incident that I apologized immediately after for. (If you want to disagree, go ahead money, your word is over mine anyways.) I've seen blatant disrespect to multiple admins, constant false reports that were shrugged off and hackers that weren't even banned. Then I get banned for an entire week by MoneyKidKing, which I am not even going to refer to you as a friend anymore for your poor and uncharacteristically inclined judgement. I pressed report and went to the last option, pressed the bottom number, it reported of all people Dave (good dodgeball player,) Money swooped in for the kill to ban me for an entire week because I chose Dave on the !report menu. (Which I apologized for, he stated you know you aren't suppose to false report and chose to ban me) Out of 3-4 months of solid playing Disc-FF and he is going to ban me for an entire week for my first, honest mistake of disobeying the rules. (Other time I had a slight issue was with Charleston, but we smoothed that over and we're good) Can't say I can ever find a true, realistically probable answer as to why I was banned for my first incident. I told him that I shouldn't have done it, he knows I don't troll on a personal basis to where I am a shithead. So why ban me for a week on your server for reporting a KNOWN player that is incredibly good for the fact that I am a known player on the server. I lost respect for Money (I truly hope you read this.) You will not earn it back, nor will I want to get unbanned. Because I never want to be around you on your server again if this is who you are. If you ban me instead of letting it roll off your back due to a small incident like a false report, which has no effect on the player, merely a strike against me if anything; why do it? slap me on the wrist, mark me with a warning and move on. If there was prior incidences with "False reporting" then correct me if I am wrong, but I've never false reported before. I've always been honest. Anyways, this was just a 'morale' check. My complaint is MoneyKidKing, never wanted to neglect your name as admin before, until now. Warnings should always be something you should do before banning someone who plays the server often and never causes much of a clamor with rules. I follow them 95%-98% of the time, then you pull this stunt when half the community does more negative things to impact the server. Keep up the good work dude, I am not much of a negative Nancy but you honestly have left a sour taste in my mouth more than any other dodgeball admin (including GSN, ES, MaxDB, Panda, AKOD combined.) I've literally never have been banned this long over such a small issue, so expect a angry response.

Very upset dodgeball player,

Squall.
FawfulRoach
Veteran

Re: Ban Complaint

Post by FawfulRoach »

Use this format: http://www.disc-ff.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4286. Also, be sure to post in the correct sub-forum next time (TF2> Reports/Ban Disputes)
Last edited by FawfulRoach on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

Moved to correct sub forum
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

Figured I'd comment on this, even though you have yet to use the correct format.

We have a policy for banning ANYONE who intentionally abuses the report system, regardless of how often they play on the server. We receive dozens of reports a day, and are more than willing to help when an issue arises if we are available. However, when people abuse the system, all it serves to do is to waste an admins time and effort handling the report, just to find that it's false. When I had come onto the server to ask what was up, every single person who was on the server had stated that you reported Dave as a joke, including yourself. That is a clear and blatant abuse of the report system, and was handled as such.

I specifically never give leniency to regulars, because if I let one regular off the hook, everyone else will expect the same treatment, which will lead to more false reports being issued. You reported someone (albeit well-known in the dodgeball community) for hacking as a joke. We have a fairly large admin team, including global admins. If someone who did not know dodgeball very well had handled the report, they would likely have wasted their time attempting to assess the situation.

If you have complaints about other situations on the server, feel free to report them through the report feature, or gather evidence to submit on the forums.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
Squall

Post by Squall »

You can't use a format issue as a language barrier. You clearly read what was above, I lack the interest of following a format to express my frustrations. I am YET AGAIN, not doing a BAN APPEAL, ( I lost respect for Money (I truly hope you read this.) You will not earn it back, nor will I want to get unbanned. READ ABOVE) so maybe you can revert me back to the complaints department where this belongs. If I was to report an individual, it wouldn't be through the !report message system because it clearly get's blown out of proportion, if you want to answer anything within this post, why don't you answer the fact there was never a warning given to me? I have never made a ban-able offense on the server or have been banned before, yet you ban me for the first time for a week. That's nonsense and you know it. For a false report, ban for a week? That is purely poor administration and very bad PR for your server reputation. I always disagreed to those who claimed administration here sucks and I still do. Just this is above the bar of what I expected out of what I thought was a decent admin with reasonable understanding. Clearly sound judgement isn't in your morals but I am moving on. I'll save this post so it isn't deleted so I have evidence of what was said here, so if there is any misunderstandings, they can be clarified through proof and not altered word-of-mouth from a biased perspective.

Peace.
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but as I said, I try my best to not be more lenient against regulars than I am against those that are new to the servers. Regardless of your history on the server, this is the level of punishment that is given to those who abuse the system on their first offense.

Not receiving a warning for filing a report is nonsense, as the message that tells you about how to file a report, also includes a warning. The message in full reads "NEW [Report System] - Type !report in chat. [WARNING! Abuse will get you banned!]".

I honestly have no desire to win back your "respect" if this is your response to putting yourself into this situation. You broke the rule that was clearly printed as a server message, and expected to get away with it. If you want to make a proper appeal or complaint in the future, follow the provided formatting instructions found pinned to this sub-forum.

Locking appeal do to refusal to update format.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler