Post by bobmarleyn »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/yeetalicious/
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:80468365

Which Admin Punished You: CorgiBear
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): Ban
Server where you received the punishment: Prophunt

How long they punished you for: Permanent

Reason why they punished you: Rude behavior, avoiding punishment

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.: The length of the ban is unjustified because to be given a permanent ban for shortly disrespecting an admin in a joking way doesn't seem to be required. The comments I made were only in a joking fashion and were never made out of hatred. Although disrespect in any kind of way towards an admin are not abided in the rules, I never used any vulgar words in my brief disrespect which I think does not deserve the punishment of a permanent ban. I admit, avoiding a ban was completely wrong on my part, however, the punishment of a permanent ban should not be given as a result of this considering my only two offenses were a 1 day ban and a 30 minute ban 2 years prior to the incident.

Reason why we should remove the punishment: As stated before, the length of the ban is unwarranted. The ban has been enforced for over a year which now I think it's time for the ban to be lifted. I am deeply sorry for my lack of courtesy towards the admin, CorgiBear, and I apologize for me to have the audacity to attempt to avoid a temporary ban by leaving the server. If the ban is lifted, I promise that I will refrain from breaking any rule in the DISC-FF servers and will accept any consequence given if I break a rule. Thank you for giving me a chance to appeal my ban.
CorgiBear
Server Admin

Re: bobmarleyn (yeetnificent) Permanent Ban Appeal

Post by CorgiBear »

I am no longer an admin of prophunt but I believe I'm still able to reply? (Apologies if I'm wrong for leaving a comment.)
Back to the issue at hand, I will be honest here and say that I don't remember anything about this certain situation. I'd like to ask that you state more detail on your side of the story as to help me remember what happened. During my time as an admin, I can tell you that I would not have issued a permanent ban with only disrespect as a reason. There either should have been an actual reason that I don't remember of, or it was the punishment evasion you clearly stated that you did. So I can only assume that I had given you a more fitting, smaller punishment for the disrespect and then issued a permanent ban after you tried to avoid the original punishment. Again, I apologize that I don't remember this specific issue. Given that he has had the time to think about what went down and decided to change his ways, I'm a believer in second chances. Of course, this decision is not up for me to make.
bobmarleyn

Post by bobmarleyn »

I do not have a great memory of this situation in great detail either, but I can remember basic plot points that occurred. What I can remember was that when you came to the server, I started to show disrespect towards you without using any profanity. But what I can assure you was that I was not gagged or muted which I then left the server to avoid punishment. What I did was really stupid, but I hope it can be resolved so I can play on DISC-FF servers.
CorgiBear
Server Admin

Post by CorgiBear »

Well it's unfortunate that we both do not remember much. To avoid this situation from happening again, I suggest appealing a ban sooner when you and the admin still knows what happened. Hopefully that won't happen again, though. I think you deserve a second chance.
Armen
Veteran

Post by Armen »

You will be given another chance to play on the servers.
Please remember that breaking any of the rules will result in a harsher punishment.

Appeal accepted.