Pathetic, Bitchy Roommate.

EngiDesu

Pathetic, Bitchy Roommate.

Post by EngiDesu »

Honestly, I thought being roommates with a close friend of mine was alright; however, he really rubbed me the wrong way tonight and showed how much of a mistake I made. Seems like I'm getting a new apartment next year.

After I came home from visiting my family, I walked into my apartment completely in disarray and the dishes weren't done. Not only that, trash was all over the kitchen floor and his laundry was all over the kitchen too. So, I pulled out my wine bottle, grabbed a large glass of wine, and chugged it down, while waiting for his ass to come upstairs. He said when he came up "Oh, Will and I were going to talk about it and have him do them." while I was sitting there and remembered that he promised to do them over the weekend. I asked him "So, after you told me that you would do them, you're going to wait for your cousin to do it?" and he nodded. Then he tried to claim I was a hypocrite over dishes; however, I quickly shot him down in front of my mom and elaborated why I didn't do it for one week. (Pretty much, I was told it was someone else's week and then four days later, they yelled at me and said it was my turn.)

So, I had to clean up the whole living room and kitchen after carrying in a ton of groceries and my bags. He invited me to play League with him and oh boy, wasn't that a mistake. After playing a few rounds, he got mad because I was "kill stealing" him as a support and I apologized for each mistake. He became venom in the game and rubbed everyone else the wrong way, completely becoming an asshole, and became a fucking narcissist. Once it was over, I elaborated and took responsibility for my mistakes, but he sat there like a child and shamed me for taking a good majority of his kills. He also tried to criticize a jungler as "a person who only assists, not take the kill." I went immediately and was like "Are you fucking serious?! You fucking take kills all the time as a jungler, but apparently, it's hands off when the jungler helps you." Basically, he made me stay up the whole night with him to play league, QQed about it, and now I feel fucking exhausted to the point I may or may not go to school today.

Honestly, someone's asking to get punched in the face.
Last edited by EngiDesu on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Engi Desu ★ Owner of WrenchRekt Server Group ☆ Too Sassy For You
Drewski
Veteran

Re: Pathetic, Bitchy Roommate.

Post by Drewski »

Since this event have you guys tried to maybe sit down and talk about the recent events and come to a solution? It's best act calmly now, talk about it with him in a Peaceful manner and try to come to an agreement that will work best for the both of you. Maybe re-decide who gets the assigned jobs around the apartment or house?
Last edited by Drewski on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
Satan
Veteran

Post by Satan »

You could of just declined the League match if he is this much of a douche when playing.
Last edited by Satan on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rip mg
EngiDesu

Post by EngiDesu »

George Zimmerman wrote:Since this event have you guys tried to maybe sit down and talk about the recent events and come to a solution? It's best act calmly now, talk about it with him in a Peaceful manner and try to come to an agreement that will work best for the both of you. Maybe re-decide who gets the assigned jobs around the apartment or house?
We actually spend a few times doing that actually, but it usually his end that slacks off and then bitches about it. I haven't busted the agreements and I usually try to talk about it. However, he blames everyone, but himself for things, so he lacks responsibility.
Last edited by EngiDesu on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PukaTheDude
Veteran

Post by PukaTheDude »

EngiDesu wrote:
George Zimmerman wrote:Since this event have you guys tried to maybe sit down and talk about the recent events and come to a solution? It's best act calmly now, talk about it with him in a Peaceful manner and try to come to an agreement that will work best for the both of you. Maybe re-decide who gets the assigned jobs around the apartment or house?
We actually spend a few times doing that actually, but it usually his end that slacks off and then bitches about it. I haven't busted the agreements and I usually try to talk about it. However, he blames everyone, but himself for things, so he lacks responsibility.
Sounds like you got a bad end of the deal on that one. If you're friend keeps on doing that. You might need to cut ends with sharing the apartment when possible. He needs to pick up his fair share of the end at the very least. Like the little system that I have with my roommate.

We know our own working schedule, so we can plan on things easier. Same goes on with sharing my laptop. We have a turn on groceries, we both go for the general needs + with one of us having to choose the upcoming dinner for the next 2 nights and I'll just cook it. *I'm the cook for the two of us, don't mind it at all, mainly cause her pays better so I have guarantee that I can rely on here plus including my 8years of knowing her.* We both have to take in account on the bills, electric and rent since water is already paid. By default we have our environment clean. All clothes in our separate bin, clean bathroom. Whatever in our rooms. :3 Living room tidy and clean. Simply basic maintenance so we don't look like snobs to our landlord. Things like that really help on maintaining things working. Just need to make sure if the person is reliable enough to help out and not just you guys are good friends but is lazy overall.
Last edited by PukaTheDude on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Ultim

Post by Ultim »

League crush friendships.
Last edited by Ultim on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EngiDesu

Post by EngiDesu »

PukaTheDude wrote:
EngiDesu wrote:
Sounds like you got a bad end of the deal on that one. If you're friend keeps on doing that. You might need to cut ends with sharing the apartment when possible. He needs to pick up his fair share of the end at the very least. Like the little system that I have with my roommate.

We know our own working schedule, so we can plan on things easier. Same goes on with sharing my laptop. We have a turn on groceries, we both go for the general needs + with one of us having to choose the upcoming dinner for the next 2 nights and I'll just cook it. *I'm the cook for the two of us, don't mind it at all, mainly cause her pays better so I have guarantee that I can rely on here plus including my 8years of knowing her.* We both have to take in account on the bills, electric and rent since water is already paid. By default we have our environment clean. All clothes in our separate bin, clean bathroom. Whatever in our rooms. :3 Living room tidy and clean. Simply basic maintenance so we don't look like snobs to our landlord. Things like that really help on maintaining things working. Just need to make sure if the person is reliable enough to help out and not just you guys are good friends but is lazy overall.
Probably going to be ending up with cutting ties, because of the bullshit. He has been nice about it, but he just never keeps his ends of the deal and I feel like I'm his mother about it. We have a schedule that focus mainly around that he cooks and I clean a bit more because of it, but I go to school more than he does. So, while I may clean a bit more to cover up my lack of cooking, he cooks and cleans. Our rooms are our own zones to clean, while everything else is rotated on a weekly basis. One week, I do it, another week, he does it. Sometimes, he help each other. However, it has been falling apart, because there hasn't been much communication at all between us.
Ultim wrote:League crush friendships.
From a person viewpoint, I agree with this 100%.

Ever since he invested into a nicer computer, he became more of a narcissist, asshole, and just disregard our friendship for everything else. League hasn't helped this and only made the polarizing issue much worse. Hell, I even try to have a nice conversation tonight and he had to trigger the whole conversation back up again with the game, which made me leave the room within' five minutes of it starting. He was like "You're just mad, because I'm actually right", which I replied "No, I'm only upset is because you're acting like a fucking five-year-old who thinks he's always right and always have it his way. The level of narcissism from you is really pissing me off." He tried to debunk me, say that I was a horrible player, and I need to admit that I'm worse than he is. (In a nutshell, he wants me to stroke his fucking ego.)

Hence, why I think this picture sums up League with Friendships:
Last edited by EngiDesu on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
PukaTheDude
Veteran

Post by PukaTheDude »

By the sound of these issues with your roommate. Unless his attitude changes, seems like the relation could crumbled if continued.
Last edited by PukaTheDude on Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Satan
Veteran

Post by Satan »

EngiDesu wrote:
Get friends that play for fun or make a ranked team tbh. Normals is a place for fun and occasionally testing f2p's. If you know someone is a dick when playing video games, do not commit yourself to a 20 minute - 1 hour game with them where if you leave they will only get more mad.
Last edited by Satan on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rip mg
EngiDesu

Post by EngiDesu »

PukaTheDude wrote:By the sound of these issues with your roommate. Unless his attitude changes, seems like the relation could crumbled if continued.
Actually, that's where it is going and he's not realizing it at all. I even made it obvious that I'm starting to dislike him and he just ignores it. Acts like it's not a big deal to him. So, maybe that's probably the best for us at this point.
Satan wrote:
EngiDesu wrote:
Get friends that play for fun or make a ranked team tbh. Normals is a place for fun and occasionally testing f2p's. If you know someone is a dick when playing video games, do not commit yourself to a 20 minute - 1 hour game with them where if you leave they will only get more mad.
That's what I try to seek, but every time that I do--they get fucking upset, butthurt, mad, or something. I'm trying to enjoy the game as it is, sometimes getting angry, and they're sitting there and flipping their shit over the whole game. There are times I can play with my roommate without him getting upset, but that has to end up with him stroking his fucking ego while I have to restrain myself from being better. Honestly, I took the higher road and really just stop playing the game in general over the amount of shit that game has given me.

And here's his profile, if you're curious of knowing how he plays: http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=HeyWoodJablomi
Last edited by EngiDesu on Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:10 am, edited 5 times in total.