Ready? Steady? Pan! (Season 3)

Schtolteheim

Ready? Steady? Pan! (Season 3)

Post by Schtolteheim »

Today, the organizers of Ready Steady Pan, a semi-competitive TF2 tournament league, announced they are considering beginning a third season of play.

Their group page: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/readysteadypan

Matches are conducted in 6v6 format, with only the Frying Pan available as a damaging item. Other food and utility items (such as the Crit-a-Cola, Jarate and Jumpers) are also allowed. Last season, 9 matches were held over 9 weeks, with teams randomly paired against each other based on their record.

Last season (which was all the way back in 2013,) I was the captain of the team, xXx420SMOKEPANERRYDAY_1337SIKAIRPANxXx, and while we ended up with a 3-6 record, it was an immense amount of fun. I am expressing interest in rebuilding a team for season 3 (hopefully with an even more egregious name.)

Scouts, Soldiers, Pyros, Demomen and Snipers are allowed, with up to 2 each on any team (with the exception of Snipers, of which you can only have 1 on any team.) Our probable team format would be 2 Soldiers, 2 Demomen and 2 Scouts. The absolute minimum player requirement is 5, but that would put us at an obvious disadvantage due to the 6v6 format. Other players can also sign up for the team as backup players in case players are unavailable to compete at a specific time.

If you have any questions or would like to join my tentative team, please let me know below. Thank you for reading!

TEAM NAME: Absolutely no idea

CURRENT LINEUP:
-Schtolteheim (EST, Scout/Demoman)
-Classy (EST, Scout)
-Arcie (EST, Demopan)
-Nitrous (CST, Anything)
-Seth6309 (EST, Scout)
-Harmless (PST, Anything)
-Unknown (CST?, Demoman)

We also are looking for backup players/ringers. The maximum team size is 12 (all of whom will possibly receive medals if they sign up before a certain deadline.)
Last edited by Schtolteheim on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Name's Schtolteheim Reinbach V. I sacrifice at the chance doors so you don't have to.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Re: Ready? Steady? Pan! (Season 3)

Post by Dongle »

As much as this sounds fun, advertising isn't really allowed on the forums.
ImageImage
Schtolteheim

Post by Schtolteheim »

Oh.
My bad. I didn't realize this was seen as an advertisement.
Feel free to lock/delete the thread.
Name's Schtolteheim Reinbach V. I sacrifice at the chance doors so you don't have to.
Person_Unknown
Veteran

Post by Person_Unknown »

Actually, I don't think this is directly advertising anything. I think, if all he's asking is if he wants to make a team for a league, it's fine. I don't see any difference between this and the other post asking for people for a comp team. The only thing that might be considered advertising would be the group page, but it isn't like he's advertising a whole other community. Just a little tournament of sorts.
Last edited by Person_Unknown on Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
IN LOVING MEMORY - We miss you Person

Need me? Link to my profile's right here.
Drewski
Veteran

Post by Drewski »

I may be interested in a pyro position for your team. I'll message you when I can on steam about it..
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
Schtolteheim

Post by Schtolteheim »

Drewski wrote:I may be interested in a pyro position for your team. I'll message you when I can on steam about it..
The problem with Pyro is that he's not really useful in this tournament. Demo can wear Booties, so both Soldier and Demo have more health then the Pyro, as well as more mobility thanks to the Jumpers. As for Scout and Sniper, they both have pivotal food items like Crit-a-Cola, Mad Milk and Jarate, whereas Pyro doesn't. So, unfortunately, there isn't really room for a Pyro on the team. Sorry.
Last edited by Schtolteheim on Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Person_Unknown
Veteran

Post by Person_Unknown »

I might be interested, but there's already two demo slots taken. I'll consider if I think I can handle another class

Schtolteheim

Post by Schtolteheim »

We could always use backup players in the event that some of the team can't make it to a match. And again, the maximum team size is 12 anyway, with all members eligible for medals. If you'd like, I can sign you up as a Demopan.
Person_Unknown
Veteran

Post by Person_Unknown »

Yeah, put me up as backup demoman.

ZippyBlitzDitz

Post by ZippyBlitzDitz »

Huh. So people actually know about this. Welp, time to get my pan ready, #TeamMidasIsGold