I have a choice to make

hisiglemic

I have a choice to make

Post by hisiglemic »

I was offered college classes. I have to take a placement test. I dont want to do it but i might have too. Im stressed out about it and i only have a choice between english and math. Should i bomb this test.
one day I will meet Gaben
BrotherhoodofSteel

Re: I have a choice to make

Post by BrotherhoodofSteel »

Not to be a jerk or anything but shouldn't you consult your parents first before resorting to asking some random people on the internet?
hisiglemic

Post by hisiglemic »

BrotherhoodofSteel wrote:Not to be a jerk or anything but shouldn't you consult your parents first before resorting to asking some random people on the internet?
I went to the meeting with them and had a 30 minute conversation with them afterwards :/
Last edited by hisiglemic on Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

Most intro level college classes are fairly easy. If you aren't having any problems with your high school courses, I would more than suggest going to take the test, and taking the class if able. Also don't worry about the placement test. I took it without studying after dropping out of high school at the beginning of junior year of high school, and placed into the standard level math and English courses (93/100 on first math test (algebra), 37/100 on the second math test (calculus), and 95 on the grammar test, which meant for that college I didn't have to write an essay). If you have any worries about the test, try taking some practice SAT tests online, as they ask similar questions to what they will test you on for the placement tests.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
hisiglemic

Post by hisiglemic »

MoneyKidKing wrote:Most intro level college classes are fairly easy. If you aren't having any problems with your high school courses, I would more than suggest going to take the test, and taking the class if able. Also don't worry about the placement test. I took it without studying after dropping out of high school at the beginning of junior year of high school, and placed into the standard level math and English courses (93/100 on first math test (algebra), 37/100 on the second math test (calculus), and 95 on the grammar test, which meant for that college I didn't have to write an essay). If you have any worries about the test, try taking some practice SAT tests online, as they ask similar questions to what they will test you on for the placement tests.
Im in the 7th grade i dont have any trouble at all i dont know what to do because this change is gonna change a lot of things
Last edited by hisiglemic on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

I had to take a 'placement' test when I applied to a community college in high school, it was primarily used to determine if it should put me in intro to english/math classes or skip to higher end classes. It was never about failing and not getting in or anything.
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

The placement test are to see where to "place you". Just chill and take the test any of the little stuff you get done now you don't have to do later, It's like a head start on life.
HakureiReimu_Husky

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

Having early placement college classes looks good on your resume, just saying. If you have that down, someone is more likely to hire you as they see you as smarter than the typical scope of applicants. You could also get a better paying job.
This is goodbye.