Prophunt Tournament

sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Re: Prophunt Tournament

Post by sambawarkiddo »

I honestly can't see it generating an increase in traffic to the server, though. If a giveaway doesn't create sustainable traffic, this won't.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

I don't like the thought of a prop hunt competition. When people get overly competitive in prop hunt I no longer find it fun.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
WhySoSeriousGaming

Post by WhySoSeriousGaming »

Honestly, you guys are making it out to be a lot worse than it has to be. I also don't appreciate the fact that the only people saying no to the tournament are either newbies or inactive, as if your opinion on the matter is worth anything. Apparently, the only people that don't want a tournament are a select few admins. I am yet to meet another player who dislikes the idea of a tournament. At the end of the day it all comes down to Fire and I see no reason for him to decline a little tournament.
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

WhySoSeriousGaming wrote:Honestly, you guys are making it out to be a lot worse than it has to be. I also don't appreciate the fact that the only people saying no to the tournament are either newbies or inactive, as if your opinion on the matter is worth anything. Apparently, the only people that don't want a tournament are a select few admins. I am yet to meet another player who dislikes the idea of a tournament. At the end of the day it all comes down to Fire and I see no reason for him to decline a little tournament.
And im yet to meet more people who are up for the tournament, people dont visit these forums, thats yet another reason why this discussion is useless if its being discussed here, it should be taken elsewhere. This thread will cause nothing but drama like everything always does with prophunt, people agree, people disagree, people hate eachother for having different opinions. I highly suggest this discussion is taken to private chats and if you want to have a tournament, have the people for it and the time to set it up, be my guest. I'd be more than happy to help if you actually do get the people but I simply dont think you will.

Im still on the side of you doing this on your own expense, if the tournament is a success its our loss, but as ive said before over and over again, I highly doubt it will be.

I suggest this thread is locked, there is but one outcome in this thread and its been going that way since the first posts. Drama is inevitable when it comes to prophunt, we've seen this happen time after time and will continue to see it happen time after time.
Last edited by Abraham on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImage
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

If you can find other people who want a competitive server feel free to find them and have them post on this thread in support of it. I will not be locking this thread because only a couple people have posted, but if this constant back and forth debating erupts into a flame war like it looks like it might, this will be locked.
Last edited by White Sedan on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

Due to number of time constraints, if someone wants to host a tournament they must set it up themselves and contact Fire. You must know what settings the tournament will be (3v3 or 6v6, what map(s), what prize(s) for the winners, what your win conditions are, will the whole bracket be hosted at the same time or staggered to attempt to fit peoples schedule, etc)

If you have a prize pool in mind, are you providing it yourself, or will it have to be provided by us?

While I don't personally feel that prophunt is a gamemode that can effectively host a competitive tournament due to it requiring a fairly large pool of people participating in an organized fashion (at least 36-48 people). However, if you get around to setting one up I wish you luck.

Also please keep all conversations on this topic civil, as Abraham said, there is no reason to have drama on this topic, no matter how controversial it may be.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

I didn't really think the Dodgeball Tournament would happen and if it did it wouldn't be successful. The admins set it up and streamed it and it went down better than I thought it would. So I'm not going to rule out a Prophunt Tournament if people want to set it up. I just don't have the time or desire to personally get involved organizing it. If you get a bunch of people who are interested and fund a prize pool hit up one of the PH admins with the details and if it's legit have them send me over the info. It doesn't cost me anything to setup a temp server to host it so I leave it to you.
Last edited by Fire on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Duralmina

Post by Duralmina »

I don't like the idea. The only way i could see it working would be in very small maps which it would be very scout sided if there's a single competent one, giving gun obvious strat and the game is over. If there's no competent scout, pyros would have a huge advantage because there is no hiding in a small map apart from dumb gimmicks.

Team sizes are also questionable because the more pyros working as a team you have, the less chance for a scout to realistically win. Although I doubt there are any good pyros left so it probably wouldn't be as much as of a problem.

I see a fun tourney as plausible similar to the old giveaways for people completing small objectives per round hosted by admins. But a proper competitive one wouldn't have been possible even when I played and I imagine would be exponentially less likely to turn out nicely in this day and age.

~dural

E: also a quick edit (after reading some of the replies), why is the attitude not more open minded though. please at least say something more than just "no it would never work", or if you think it could work tell the guy with the idea why it could work. its just an idea thrown out there for fucks sake, why's the atmosphere gotta be so tense?
Last edited by Duralmina on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

Duralmina wrote:I don't like the idea. The only way i could see it working would be in very small maps which it would be very scout sided if there's a single competent one, giving gun obvious strat and the game is over. If there's no competent scout, pyros would have a huge advantage because there is no hiding in a small map apart from dumb gimmicks.

Team sizes are also questionable because the more pyros working as a team you have, the less chance for a scout to realistically win. Although I doubt there are any good pyros left so it probably wouldn't be as much as of a problem.

I see a fun tourney as plausible similar to the old giveaways for people completing small objectives per round hosted by admins. But a proper competitive one wouldn't have been possible even when I played and I imagine would be exponentially less likely to turn out nicely in this day and age.

~dural

E: also a quick edit (after reading some of the replies), why is the attitude not more open minded though. please at least say something more than just "no it would never work", or if you think it could work tell the guy with the idea why it could work. its just an idea thrown out there for fucks sake, why's the atmosphere gotta be so tense?
Most of the reponses are backed up pretty well, and nobody is just saying "it won't work" without a reason. Most of us who have responded have a good idea of what the community wants. However, like Fire said, its not completely ruled out. Also, when you post an idea, never expect everyone to agree with it.
ImageImage