Idle 1 and 2 Experiment

Doctor Plague
Veteran

Idle 1 and 2 Experiment

Post by Doctor Plague »

Many players have stated they prefer Idle 2's map over Idle 1's, but continue to play on Idle 1 on basis of population. So I am suggesting Idle 1 and Idle 2 trade maps either for a limited time or (If positive reception) remain at the permanent map.

I know a lot of effort was put into Idle 2's map and I don't want to continue seeing it go to waste. This idea may be outlandish, but what would it hurt to test this even for awhile. If you have any alternative suggestions or reasons why my suggestion is a bad idea, please reply.

I've also made a Straw Poll to take a level of statistical reception on the idea.
http://www.strawpoll.me/16491276
JAUNTY

Re: Idle 1 and 2 Experiment

Post by JAUNTY »

This may be just the fact that Idle 2's map has so much more to offer, but in the hour and a half I've spent on Idle 2, I see my self enjoying this map far more than I do idle 1's. The frame rate is better, again there is so much to do, and there's actually a reason on map for me to donate (Access to a VIP area).

IMO this map should've overtaken Idle 1's a long time ago, incentives for donating, an absolute blast of a map to play on and overall the feel that this is an actual completed version of Idle 1's current map give an outstanding yes for the map change from me.
Infernox-Ratchet

Post by Infernox-Ratchet »

I've always been an Idle 1 dummy

BUT

i can agree that Idle 1 feels...sterile. There's nothing much going on with it. Idle 2 at least has some good areas to fuck around in. Hell, Idle 2 has a cool spot for VIPs to just hang out in.

I would love for a change to the Idle 2 map. But would the community accept it? Looking at Idle 2 shows that. But don't knock it if don't you try.
Shed

Post by Shed »

I feel like it would be a good idea to switch the maps and see how it affects player numbers. Overall, the Idle 2 map has more upgrades, is more well optimized, and has more things to keep people interested.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

As a former admin and regular for idle, I support the idea of having the idle 1 map changed. There's a lot more you can do from the idle 2 map, create better giveaways, and it may help reduce the amount of kids people complaining about being killed when they're being friendly. If things don't work out, I don't really mind changing the map back either.
ImageImage
NerfPlayeR135

Post by NerfPlayeR135 »

I'm all for it; Idle 2's map is superior to idle 1's in pretty much every way. If the regulars complain, just tell them the adaptations they'll have to make to perform on the updated map will increase their skills in the end.
Long-time Disc-FF veteran and jack-of-all-trades TF2 player.

Disc-FF Stats:
Spoiler
Deathrun: No longer exists...

Freak Fortress #1:
Nathan_TK
Server Admin

Post by Nathan_TK »

I may be super late to this, but like everyone else I’m going to agree. Personally, I prefer Idle 2’s map over the extremely standard map that almost every achievement/idle server has. It’s unique, and as stated before it offers a lot more to do. Besides my personal opinions, I’ve asked numerous people which map they prefer (of course, they’re all people that actually had a chance to play on Idle 2 before it was shut down), and every one of them said that they’d love for the map change.