VSH/FF2 Map Suggestion Thread.

IAreHAze

Re: VSH/FF2 Map Suggestion Thread.

Post by IAreHAze »

All these maps look sick, and love to see them on VSH!
i've actually played a few of these before on different servers, and they were very popular
Last edited by IAreHAze on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrBuppo

Post by MrBuppo »

I'm only interested by 161650 and 144474. In my opinion, most of the others look bland or unsuitable for some classes.
Last edited by MrBuppo on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amishbull
Veteran

Post by amishbull »

I've played all of these before with the exception of Gladius, Melee Fort, Minetown, and Cube.

I'm not a big fan of "orange" maps. If you're going to take the time to make a map you should put some textures on it.

Maps should not be too small, nor too big. Gladius looks very small, and like 2fortdesk or pool, the Boss hardly stands a chance. Great for running through the boss queue quickly though.

Blood Gulch is too big, and if I remember right, Scorched is a very large map like Mining was. Sometimes we would only get 2-3 Bosses per map, so it was removed.

Koth Twisted is a cool map (as is Koth King), but we currently can only use Arena and VSH maps. We could play other maps if we had the plugin to allow this, but Fire is reluctant to add any plugins that he can't see the source code for (and if you were around in the early days of our FF2 servers, and the crashes which occurred every 20 minutes, you'd be reluctant too).

Metal Gear has too many exploits.

Try to find medium sized maps, that are Arena or VSH, and preferably have 1 control point.
Last edited by amishbull on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hipster_Trip

Post by Hipster_Trip »

amishbull wrote:Koth Twisted is a cool map (as is Koth King), but we currently can only use Arena and VSH maps. We could play other maps if we had the plugin to allow this, but Fire is reluctant to add any plugins that he can't see the source code for (and if you were around in the early days of our FF2 servers, and the crashes which occurred every 20 minutes, you'd be reluctant too).
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.p ... count=2527