PropHunt Scorch Shot

Cam

PropHunt Scorch Shot

Post by Cam »

I can't be the only one frustrated by the scorch shot. It hits people for the normal amount and puts them on fire if they are within 10 feet. Even worse is if you get hit by it, you get minicritted and it hits you straight up. I don't know if it is posible to nerf it like the scorch shot, or if it should be banned all together.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Re: PropHunt Scorch Shot

Post by sambawarkiddo »

I don't personally feel like the Scorch Shot is a huge problem. The worst it deals you is knockback. It doesn't deal a crit on impact with a burning enemy like the flaregun, and it doesn't have an explosion radius like the Detonator. I feel like it has its place in ph imo
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Chikiro
Veteran

Post by Chikiro »

As with many weapons that are "frustrating", it doesn't necessarily mean a change on the weapon is in order, but a change in how you handle it is. In this case, the scorch shot (as annoying as it is to face a user with really good aim) just needs a change in running style to combat it. Most likely, if you know where all of the healthpacks are, this doesnt require much of a change. The scorch shot doesn't have the benefit of lag crits, and it doesn't have the benefit of even directly hitting for crits. It's a good medium between flaregun and detonator. It just adds to the strategy needed when running around as a prop. I've been able to survive for a while many times against a scorch shotter, so it's not like the weapon is OP or anything.
Are you from Tennessee? Because you're the only ten I see. ;D
Cam

Post by Cam »

The scorch shot is the only reason I die, it's not good at killing, but it hits for 30 first off without even hitting you. You run for health pack because I know where all them are, you get hit by the radius again. There is actually no escape from it as long as they hit in your general area. The knock back doesn't matter. It takes away skill and makes newer players not learn how to use the flare gun since the scorch shot is better in every way for them since they usually can't aim that well. I have talked to eski and merc so far and they agree with me. The old detentator is very similar to the scorch shot. You don't even have to hit them to do damage. I just don't feel like if someone can aim roughly at me they can kill me.
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Sure scortch shot is annoying as fuck, but I dont think it should be nerffed/banned. After all, pyro is the main class in prophunt so in my opinion it should have as big variety of weapons as possible.
ImageImageImage
eskimo

Post by eskimo »

I don't understand the logic here, look at any other splash weapon in prophunt and you will see they are nerfed for a good reason. Scorch Shot is low skill, high reward, just as detonator, rocket launcher, or ANY splash weapon would be if not nerfed. It doesn't make any sense to leave this weapon unnerfed, considering it is literally easier than any other weapon to kill a prop with.
What about this weapon is NOT op?
Last edited by eskimo on Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.