Prop Hunt Maps

sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Re: Prop Hunt Maps

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Abraham wrote:
sambawarkiddo wrote:Ain't a damn thing wrong with Cyberpunk.
Its the thing that no matter how well you edit it, if it stays that big and obnoxious it wont stop killing the server, sorry but its the truth.
literally 40% smaller than what it used to be
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

sambawarkiddo wrote:
Abraham wrote:
sambawarkiddo wrote:Ain't a damn thing wrong with Cyberpunk.
Its the thing that no matter how well you edit it, if it stays that big and obnoxious it wont stop killing the server, sorry but its the truth.
literally 40% smaller than what it used to be
Literally big enough to be 2 or 3maps, map has obnoxious props, obnoxious lights, a shitload of rooms indoor to check, a shitload of rooftop area to check and on top of that you can hide behind buildings that most people think are out of reach. This is in no way meant to offend you, but you havent exactly been around to see the hate it gets. We have a handful of players that like it, possibly less to be honest. And in all honesty cant expect too many players to like a map we have had 2 different versions of that majority has disliked and that have been removed before this one.
Last edited by Abraham on Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Chikiro
Veteran

Post by Chikiro »

I know I never play anymore, but I still feel like putting my two cents in 8-)

I feel like all the "fixing" that you listed shouldn't really happen. For basalt: As abra said, it's a very rare thing. And if anybody is caught abusing it, report it and they'll be banned for map exploiting. It's a very similar thing as to the exploit on goldtooth at the pit. Not many people can get to it to it be worth it, and if they do it, just report it. For spooky ravine: If y'all have the pumpkins exploding with just base flame (like in GM I played recently) I can agree to removing some of the pumpkins, but that's about it for the changes. I love the map with how it currently is, and any other changes would be a negative. I also don't see the point of removing the rain in only otherside.

for maps being added, I did miss lakeside, but I recall that being removed for similar reasons as to other removals: killed server, etc. And I will always vouch for redquarters over headquarters, but I doubt that will ever happen. It's something different to people, and those who hate headquarters will probably still hate it and those who enjoy headquarters will find it ruined because the red props don't stick out like a sore thumb anymore.

As much as people dislike warehouse, I feel like that's one of the classics that SHOULDN'T be removed. I can understand the hate, but the changing layouts help keep it fresher than some of the other maps.

I also agree with the assessment on raincliff. It seems interesting, but there's just wayyy too much water. Maybe make it into poison water, but that would probably ruin the size of the map.

Also, I swear.... if y'all do anything, or have done anything, to storm, I'm gonna cry. :(

EDIT: also rip the good version of desolation :(
Last edited by Chikiro on Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are you from Tennessee? Because you're the only ten I see. ;D
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Chikiro wrote: Also, I swear.... if y'all do anything, or have done anything, to storm, I'm gonna cry. :(

EDIT: also rip the good version of desolation :(
Storm wont change, its as good as it gets right now. What comes to desolation you know how many players hate the version you love and like the newer version :D Its the older players that like the bare map layout with only a handful of uselful spots to use :D
Last edited by Abraham on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Bench

Post by Bench »

I go skiing for two days and I come back to this thread being flooded.
And I feel like nobody read this:
Bench wrote:This thread is for opinions/recommendations, not direct changes
Last edited by Bench on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Bench wrote:I go skiing for two days and I come back to this thread being flooded.
And I feel like nobody read this:
Bench wrote:This thread is for opinions/recommendations, not direct changes
Atleast I read that, I gave input as to why I disagree with the recommendations, as did many others
Last edited by Abraham on Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Yang Xaio Long wrote:I'd like to suggest adding my just finished map
ph_control_a1 as i can only test it on "Arena" with no bot nav files i have no idea if it will work on prophunt properly should do though

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q41n68b4yrasc ... 1.rar?dl=0
Its a map designed for 6v6-8v8 its a small-ish map
I already told you this on ts but will post my feedback here as well for others to see.

After having a quick test on the map I cant help but say that its way too small for prophunt, id say it needs atleast 2 or 3times more space in it. The lightning is a bit off and really bright and adding textures to the walls and floor would definitely have a nice impact on how the map looks. Other than that, its definitely not bad for your first map, just needs some adjusting.
Last edited by Abraham on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

Abraham wrote:
Yang Xaio Long wrote:I'd like to suggest adding my just finished map
ph_control_a1 as i can only test it on "Arena" with no bot nav files i have no idea if it will work on prophunt properly should do though

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q41n68b4yrasc ... 1.rar?dl=0
Its a map designed for 6v6-8v8 its a small-ish map
I already told you this on ts but will post my feedback here as well for others to see.

After having a quick test on the map I cant help but say that its way too small for prophunt, id say it needs atleast 2 or 3times more space in it. The lightning is a bit off and really bright and adding textures to the walls and floor would definitely have a nice impact on how the map looks. Other than that, its definitely not bad for your first map, just needs some adjusting.
Will get to work on that right away. :P
Last edited by Yang Xaio Long on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edit 23/11/21: What d'ya want? If you're here from 2021 and beyond and you want to find me, you can find me at → speedrun.com/user/Mr.Blonde ←

One Vision, One Purpose! The Technology of Peace. Peace Through Power

Bench

Post by Bench »

+ph_chapel_rc2 Looked decent and bench props
Bumped:
+ph_well_b4
+ph_petitcourtyard_v1b
+ph_lakeside_b3

~ph_trainstation_fix Annoying music spammage and not the most entertaining for many
~ph_clocktown_v7 I don't know how much this is played when the server is empty, I personally am not a big fan
~ph_007facility_b1 I honestly don't know..
~arena_ravage_b1 People only liked the map in a joking way and is not fun for some regular players
I personally like the map, I would not mind if it was removed. Many would be happy if it was

Update:
+!ph_venice_a2a Fix the boundaries and bring it back
!ph_manor_event_a1 There are music buttons on the map with music, they're not setup correctly
The songs are Michael Jackson - Thriller and Banjo-Kazooie - Mad Monster Mansion
I personally like the map without music
http://forums.saxtonhell.com/index.php? ... 82#msg5182

Also this thread was made for other players that aren't just me to be suggesting maps like I did above
Last edited by Bench on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
Ian225

Post by Ian225 »

Hey, I've noticed the changes and just wanted to put my opinion into this

Bench:
-Keep storm, it is a great map. I don't know why anyone would hate it, it is perfectly sized and a well-balanced map. Underplayed maps like these you'll never know when they become the next overplayed one, and storm has well-placed health packs and an easy path out of the control point.
-Chapel was a bad map. There were no good spots on there, and all the props/walls were unclear whether or not they were solid. The map itself in general looked ugly, but I have not played it in a while and I don't mind putting and old map back.
-I don't ever remember playing prophunt well, maybe because I wasn't too active back in the day, but I could take a look.
-Lakeside was known for killing the server, but I did enjoy it. I don't really care if this is added back.

-I don't really know why music spamming is a problem all the sudden (and I don't find it as a problem either), it's never bothered me even though I normally blast music in my ears when playing. I feel like regulars spam their mics more than they spam the music buttons these days. If you wish to remove the music buttons on Trainstation, be my guest, but I don't really think removing the music is really necessary.
-Clocktown is an average map. Like I said above, you never know when a map becomes the overplayed one, and this map did around last October. It's also a special map that resembles Disc-ff, and I personally enjoy clock-town. I feel kinda bad everything Samba makes gets removed :p
-I've said it multiple times before, but just because it is a not well known map it does not mean it needs to go. There need to be a few maps that not everyone is familiar with. 007Facility is just fine.
-Ravage is the most underplayed map for what it is right now, in my opinion. I don't see anything wrong with it. It was just like ph_haul, a map that too was never played. It was not untill you, bench, got everyone to start playing it. Do me a favor and get this one back on the rotation, would ya?
-Yeah, bring venice back once you fix it

---

So here's what I want:
+Snowworks
+Venice
+Concord
+Nightclub
+Nervecenter

-Appearently the admins are discussing whether or not to keep Snowworks. Well guess what, bring it back :p I love the map, and so do many other regulars! Scattered health packs, and a well placed control point. Very fair map.
-Yes, I heard venice will be fixed before it comes back. Can't wait till it's back.
-I believe Concord was removed to make room for 007Skyrail. But now we need more maps, and Concord was a good one. Although quite big map, I think it is a good design and easy to hide/hunt in.
-Nightclub is an awesome map, maybe not the best, but favors new players. We could use maps with a good balance like this. I remember when this map was the top played, and now it has become rarely played. I understand why this was taken down, but I want it back.
-Nervecenter is a bit tight, but it is a normal size and easy for both good and bad players/regulars. I'm not actually sure about nervecenter, but I'd perfer for you guys to put this map into consideration.

Last edited by Ian225 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.