Prop Hunt Maps

WhySoSeriousGaming

Re: Prop Hunt Maps

Post by WhySoSeriousGaming »

Just remove this retard map.. (clock town) Clears server every time. The only people that vote it are the people who have never played ph before. Then they play 1 round and leave. This is legit, the worst map I've ever played on.
Last edited by WhySoSeriousGaming on Sun May 28, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

I do agree with removing it.
In my experience people vote it for the name, but then leave after 1 or 2 rounds of playing it. It has a tendency to kill the server.
Much love
Jasmine
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

Jasmine wrote:I do agree with removing it.
In my experience people vote it for the name, but then leave after 1 or 2 rounds of playing it. It has a tendency to kill the server.
I second this.
Last edited by PembrokeWelshCorgi on Sun May 28, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
Ian225

Post by Ian225 »

Map's pretty bad, a bit too confusing, and it's usually non-regulars who vote for it, like Khalin said. I'm going to third this, please get rid of clocktown...
KangarooHitler

Post by KangarooHitler »

I made an account here specifically to say that I'm vehemently opposed to removing Clocktown.
Jasmine wrote:I do agree with removing it.
Everyone says Clocktown clears the server, but I've never seen it happen. More often then not I see more people on by the time it's over.
Ian225 wrote:Map's pretty bad, a bit too confusing, and it's usually non-regulars who vote for it, like Khalin said. I'm going to third this, please get rid of clocktown...
I vote for it every time, and I'm a regular (Rank 221, ~65 hours last I checked). Hell, I nominate it. And so what if it's non-regulars who vote for it? Shouldn't we want new people to play Prophunt anyway? I think it's easier to get new people into the gamemode on a map like Clocktown vs one like Harvest where they'll get no kills and die instantly because everyone has the map memorized.

The map came up today, and Corgi ran a server vote asking if people liked the map or not. The yes option won, I think by a margin of 9 to 4/5. It never gets rtv'd, despite how hard the ultra-high rank players try. It's not broken in any way like (example) Cyberpunk is. It's definitely a love it or hate it map, but I hate spookyharvest and Kakariko and they're not getting removed any time soon. It should stay, and the only reason I see that it's on the chopping block is that a couple high rank players are upset they can't dominate the server for 15-30 minutes out of the day.
Last edited by KangarooHitler on Mon May 29, 2017 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

You have to remember it's a difference between when "you guys" play and when early us/late eu play.
I tried for 2hours to fill the server yesterday. Around 5pm gmt+1 i got off, and when I looked 20min later it was on clocktown and empty. It was 12v12 when I left.

The difference is, "your" timezone it is regulars that's friends that's playing. Most to everyone know each other and enjoying a good time no matter the map.
But that's not the case in eu time since the eu community is still new and not as stable.
I've seen this happen over and over for months and whenever I play (early us/late eu) people moan over the map and leave if it gets voted.

Neither of us that wants it removed in this thread is high ranked or tryhards.
We simply want people to stay in the server.
Last edited by Jasmine on Mon May 29, 2017 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Much love
Jasmine
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

The reason I don't like it is because I don't have the patience for it AND it kills the server. There are a lot of areas to look through, each with their own hidden sections. When we change to clocktown with a largely populated server, the player count dips and hardly ever goes past 18. If it does get up to 12 - 18 players, it stays in that range for the entire map duration.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
KangarooHitler

Post by KangarooHitler »

PembrokeWelshCorgi wrote:The reason I don't like it is because I don't have the patience for it
That hardly seems like a good reason for removing it.
When we change to clocktown with a largely populated server, the player count dips and hardly ever goes past 18. If it does get up to 12 - 18 players, it stays in that range for the entire map duration.
To be honest, 12-18 isn't terrible for a game with a very small prophunt community and a dying community server scene. The player count dips because it's a polarizing map and people in the chat complain when it gets voted, but it does bring players in. How many it brings in varies.

People leave when Clocktown gets picked, people join when they see it's running. In this case, the server population comes out lower...

And here it comes out higher. Both of those images are between yesterday at noon and the time I'm making this post. Neither time it was run did the server die (Though my definition of "dead" is <6 players, yours may differ).
There are a lot of areas to look through, each with their own hidden sections.
That's what I like about the map. There's a ton of stuff to see, and even if you don't find anyone, it's fun to run around and look at. Even if you're not a Zelda fan (I'm not) it's fun running around and finding stuff you didn't know about, or getting sounds to play when you shoot the bell or the owl statue, or watching the moon crash into the map. And really, it's not that massive. I know where the secret areas are and I can cover the whole map in one round, where I'd never be able to do that on 007skyrail for example.
Last edited by KangarooHitler on Mon May 29, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

I have no idea who are you kangaroo so I have no way of saying if you have enough time on the server to actually know the effect this map has on the server, but I basically disagree with everything you say. The reason the map should be removed is its unbalanced, players with even a little bit of game sense can outplay just about everyone in this map, causing newer players to easily get frustrated and leave. There has never been too many regulars who like the map and pretty much never more than 3 of them are on the server when the map is played.

The map is also easily "exploitable" from higher ground, you can see through walls and therefor gain advantage over enemy teams positions, lets say youre hiding as the smallest possible prop up in the clock tower, you have vision to every direction, giving you a huge advantage and opportunity to avoid the hunters by simply moving few steps left or right.

I was never a too big of a fan with the map but I didnt absolutely hate it either, still there is no denying in the fact that its been killing the server for ages. I feel sorry for Samba when backing up the removal of this map for that I know the time and effort he put into this map, but as unfortunate as it is, the map just doesnt work on the server.

How ever, if the map is going to stay id like to suggest few changes :

- Add roofs to block the view through walls all around the map
- Remove the observatory completely
- Block majority of the doors that are not solid, there are way too many of those on the map.
- Remove the small white frog and the small red flower from the propmenu, they are way too easy to conceal and way too hard to hit when a prop is running.

Now I dont really think Samba is interested in doing these changes, nor do I think he is even going to read this, but still thought id throw some ideas in here.
ImageImageImage
KangarooHitler

Post by KangarooHitler »

Abraham wrote:I have no idea who are you kangaroo so I have no way of saying if you have enough time on the server to actually know the effect this map has on the server, but I basically disagree with everything you say.
My ingame name is Adolf Hitler Riding A Kangaroo. I'm rank 188 with 110 hours on the server.
The reason the map should be removed is its unbalanced, players with even a little bit of game sense can outplay just about everyone in this map, causing newer players to easily get frustrated and leave.
That's true for nearly every map in the game, and I'd argue it's less true here. If both teams have people with game sense on a map like CCHotel, then new players have absolutely no chance. They get found instantly and get 0 kills. On Clocktown they at least have a chance.
There has never been too many regulars who like the map and pretty much never more than 3 of them are on the server when the map is played.
The regulars aren't the only players on the server who matter.
The map is also easily "exploitable" from higher ground, you can see through walls and therefor gain advantage over enemy teams positions, lets say youre hiding as the smallest possible prop up in the clock tower, you have vision to every direction, giving you a huge advantage and opportunity to avoid the hunters by simply moving few steps left or right.
Again, this is true for nearly every map. Hiding up high as a tiny prop (say, a bucket) gives you vision in every direction and massive opportunities to avoid hunters. As for seeing through walls, you can do that on Warehouse and no one ever complains about that.
I was never a too big of a fan with the map but I didnt absolutely hate it either, still there is no denying in the fact that its been killing the server for ages.
See my previous post. Yes, people leave when it's picked, but other people show up when it's running. I bet it'd balance out to about even if you looked at every time Clocktown had been played.
How ever, if the map is going to stay id like to suggest few changes :

- Add roofs to block the view through walls all around the map
Fair enough, though the only hiding spot I can think of where seeing through the walls might give you an advantage is on the roof of the market stalls.
- Remove the observatory completely
I'm not sure why that would be necessary. There's not a lot of good spots in the observatory and it takes maybe 10 seconds to check.
- Block majority of the doors that are not solid, there are way too many of those on the map.
I went and looked. Assuming I counted right, there's 10 doors that aren't solid. I don't think 10 doors is too difficult to check, and if you do find someone there they're pretty much guaranteed to die unless you let them get past you.
- Remove the small white frog and the small red flower from the propmenu, they are way too easy to conceal and way too hard to hit when a prop is running.
Based on those arguments we should also remove buckets, TV's, frogs, that one log prop with the fucked up hitbox, and probably a bunch of other ones I can't think of right now.
Last edited by KangarooHitler on Mon May 29, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler