falsely banned

randomplayer

falsely banned

Post by randomplayer »

Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198343918995
Your Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:191826633

admin that punished you: PlausibleSanity
Type of punishment: ban
Server where you received the punishment: -[DISC-FF.com]- |24/7 Murder Mod| [Hide & Sneak]

How long they punished you for: permanently

Reason why they punished you: ban evading

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc. i got banned for the reason of having the same account name of the person who got banned for using a hack called aimbot.

Reason why we should remove the punishment: my account name was justaplayer^_^ then i changed it to dankmemes to get banned by your admin named PlausibleSanity then a year later i changed it to randomplayer check my account info and you will see i had never been banned once from using hacks cause i never used hacks
Last edited by randomplayer on Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
randomplayer

Re: falsely banned

Post by randomplayer »

this is a problem for me cause i was having fun on the murder mod on tf2 when i got wrongly banned by a admin cause they mistook my name as a hackers
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

I will have him review this asap. Sorry for the delay.
ImageImage
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

Coming on to a server on an alt (regardless of if your ban was a mistake or not) to avoid ban is punishable by a permanent ban. Flaming perm banned you and I perm banned your IP. You avoided a ban and that’s our rules. You admitted to multiple people in chat that you were in murder on an alt account so we have proof. Unless fire decides otherwise I doubt you will be welcomed back. Maybe sanity’s ban was a mistake, but from my understanding (usually) all people who avoid bans get permanently banned.
Last edited by LewandaSillyFeathers on Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
My Sanity

Post by My Sanity »

Hi Random,

Apologies on the delayed response and not seeing these, Fire let me know last night about this as I don't visit the forums due to life.

Initially looking at this, I have no recollection of you or what happened. After looking at this a bit more, I have some inkling of what might have happened. It looks like I and another admin perma silenced you (mute/chat gag) back mid year 2019. Then later on the perma ban for ban evasion.

Now I don't remember the specifics of what occurred, and I'll take fault for not properly documenting what happened (note to anyone and future self). However, I'm inclined to believe what my past self did was the right thing and followed the rules to the letter, as anyone here can testify too (99% of the time). Based on getting perma silenced, I'm guessing you probably changed your name multiple times to communicate with the server. This would be considered evading punishment which automatically result in a perma ban. I remember doing this on murder for a few people so I'm guessing this is what happened, but again I don't have anything to support that because, well it was over a year ago. I've got better shit to try and remember.

So given what I'd seen, I'd give you the benefit of the doubt and agree to unban you while keeping your perma silence in tact.

But..

I have a question. You were perma banned in July last year (2019). Why are we now having a problem with this? This tells me the ban I issued was justified and it wasn't a problem (which supports that past self made the right call).

Given what I've caught up on from what Lewanda and some of the other admins have mentioned, it appears you joined the server under an alt account. Openly admitted it too. In chat (https://disc-ff.gameme.com/player_histo ... at/3577840). In front of multiple admins. This in itself is a perma ban because you are actively and purposfully avoiding the Mute/Gag punishments issued to you regardless of the initial perma ban I implemented and this dispute.

You kinda dug yourself a hole here son.

If you wouldn't have said anything to anyone on murder and waited for this to get sorted, you'd probably be unbanned. But you unintentionally fucked yourself over here.

Based on the rules set down by Fire, and the evidence analysis provided, I believe the perma bans should stay in tact.
(In a sense, my hands were tied before I could address this, so this should be open/shut).
Last edited by My Sanity on Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Pretty fucking cool man" - Fire 2017
"Fire: Don't tell anyone" - Fire 2018
"If I find out who stole my shit, I'm gonna slap you." - Fire 2019

I go by Plausible Sanity on the servers.

My Sanity

Post by My Sanity »

Super Edit:

Doing some work items and needed to upload a few screenshots. I ended up finding these screenshots in my Imgur profile, of you clearly avoiding your perma gag/mute and communicating to the server by changing your name as I suspected.

https://imgur.com/a/Lk2W4uz

You will remain permanently banned.

"Pretty fucking cool man" - Fire 2017
"Fire: Don't tell anyone" - Fire 2018
"If I find out who stole my shit, I'm gonna slap you." - Fire 2019

I go by Plausible Sanity on the servers.

MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

Do to habitual mic spam and disregard for the rules of the servers, your appeal has been denied.

Appeal closed. Locking.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler