appeal to perma mute

|inspector_spy|

appeal to perma mute

Post by |inspector_spy| »

Your Steam Community Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198124743067/
Your Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:82238669

Which Admin Punished You: Pasta Stalin
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): Mute
Server where you received the punishment: Slender #1

How long they punished you for: Permanent

Reason why they punished you: Unclear, punishment states "you are not okay". I believe it is related to me singing a small portion of a chinese meme propaganda song.

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.: A permanent mute seems excessive, while I have a record it is largely from more than 5 years ago when I was younger and far less mature. I did not think the brief singing would be too disruptive at the time but I do recall Pasta speaking. However I did not really catch what he said. At the time I thought he was talking to RK who he muted but I suppose he was addressing me. I had only spoken normally up to that point.

Reason why we should remove the punishment: Assuming that Pasta Stalin was addressing me, then I would say that I was micspamming and likely came off as ignoring his warning. This was a misunderstanding and I did not clearly hear him or believe that the brief excerpt was spamming as it lasted about 10-15 seconds and it was the only time I did it. Regardless, I suppose policy dictates that previous offenses apply regardless of time. So if my whole record be taken into account, I suppose a permanent mute is justified. However, I would argue such a policy is unfair in this case as I have played for years without any mutes up to this point nor any reports against me. Thus I would at least like the mute to be reduced from permanent.
PastaStalin
Forum Mod

Re: appeal to perma mute

Post by PastaStalin »

Due to the strange circumstances surrounding your previous punishments, I will lower your punishment down to 1 month just this once.

Take care not to break further rules in the future otherwise a permanent punishment will be reinstated.

Punishment lowered. Locking
Last edited by PastaStalin on Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have map suggestions for the DISC-FF Surf server, then you can ask me. I will set them up for you.