Mute Dispute

Post by England »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/sylveondicc/
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:74061837

Which Admin Punished You: Amishbull
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): Mute
Server where you received the punishment: Freak Fortress #1

How long they punished you for: 1 hour

Reason why they punished you: Apparently spam, but then changed into "leaving to avoid punishment".

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.: I was never warned that I was being punished for "spam" (which apperantly was putting a lenny on chat, even though I didn't fill the entire chat box with them)

Reason why we should remove the punishment: The mute already expired, but I want some explanation as to what happened here (I've been previously muted by amish for lennies, and I've learned to not spam them, but this case seems strange compared to others I've had)

So I was on the server yesterday and Amish was on. I had known for a while that Amish considers lennies as spam, but we had gone thorough an entire match without having him call me out for using them. On the next match however, that's when it gets weird, I used a lenny and a minute later I seemed to have had a command used on me that changed messages medieval mode style. I spazzed out on the keyboard trying to say something and Amish tells me (I should say "us" because they were multiple people that had this command used on) to stop spamming (Here's my first doubt, why did he use the command on us and then call us out when we went bonkers trying to say something? We weren't even spamming before it, so why now?). At first I thought it was funny, since I've had this command used on me, so I kept typing stuff down just to see what came out. I started to get tired of it and I rejoined the server expecting it to go away (note how I was never told I was being punished) and a minute after I rejoin, I get hit with a 1 hour mute with the reason "leaving to avoid punishment".

Wait, what?

Not once was I told to stop spamming until the command was put on and I spazzed out on the keyboard trying to say something which on its own sounds rather provocative. I rejoined the server assuming it would go away, not to avoid punishment.

I have many doubts about all this so I won't point at Amish and scream "aboose". I'd just like to know what was the reasoning behind all this.
Last edited by England on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People should really stop making jokes about my username.
They all sound like this to me.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJUdNb94M1E[/youtube]
Sky Dragon

Re: Of bulls and funny text faces

Post by Sky Dragon »

Sounds more like a Ban Dispute, but anyways Amish had always made it very clear that using Lennies (this thing ---> ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) in itself is consider spam, and he mentions this almost every time someone uses it, so it's very odd that he wouldn't warn you. This isn't a problem in itself, the problem is that some other admins on the server don't consider Lennies to be spam. This causes a lot of confusion, as many admins have their own interpretation of the rules and creates scenarios where you get punished for something you truly felt you didn't deserve.
Last edited by Sky Dragon on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
England

Post by England »

Sky Dragon wrote:This isn't a problem in itself, the problem is that some other admins on the server don't consider Lennies to be spam. This causes a lot of confusion, as many admins have their own interpretation of the rules and creates scenarios where you get punished for something you truly felt you didn't deserve.
Lack of communication, maybe? I personally don't feel like the lenny face is spam unless it's actually spammed on the chat to the point it completely fills the chat box. But it still confuses me how I didn't get any sort of warning this time, and I honestly didn't expect to be punished since I had already been using the lenny bind even after he joined, an entire match actually, without any warnings or "don't do that"'s.
This all seems out of place to me.
Last edited by England on Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

I have moved this topic to the correct sub-forum. Please follow the guidelines pinned to this sub-forum to edit your original post with the correct information.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
England

Re: Mute Dispute

Post by England »

Post edited to match the criteria, should be good now.

amishbull
Veteran

Post by amishbull »

I really hate to feed the trolls, but I don't want you to confuse others. Filling the entire chat box with text would not necessarily be considered spam, perhaps it was just a really long sentence. Filling the entire chat box with garbage, on the other hand, would be considered spam and/or flooding.

I would define "spam" as garbage that gets posted repeatedly, or maybe someone sending multiple texts, you know, someone who spells a word one letter at a time and keeps hitting enter. Nothing to do with filling the chat box.

You refused to quit posting your lenny bind, so you had "happy" toggled on you. When you left and returned, in order to remove the "happy", you were "silenced" for an hour.

It amazes me that you're intelligent enough to type out this huge dispute, but can only spam lennies in the game. :crazy:
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

Please refrain from using lennys whenever Amish is online. Ban expired.
ImageImage