I am leaving DISC

furrball1383

I am leaving DISC

Post by furrball1383 »

Hello all :d Hope you are having a good day! The time has come for me to leave DISC, it no longer stands for what I believe in, in fact it is so far removed from its past glory that I feel sick wearing the tag ^^ I have always loved Deep in Space Clan (If some of you'll even know what your tag stands for) for the people (namely Shivaess, Void, Fishy, Mr., Fatty, DICK, Eh, Bissf, Timmay, Oreo and many more. When this clan started about 10 or more so years ago, there were ideals set in place by the founders. The server wasn't just for the clan members. The scrim server was the only place where clan members were allowed to do what they wanted within reason. In the other servers, it was always our duty to join the 'LOSING' team and help out, change players up in order to maintain good teams and generally be polite and respectful while keeping disagreements between clan members to the private forums. Unfortunately, this has not been the case with the revitalized DISC. The only thing that new DISC members seem to need in order to get in is a certain level of skill.

That being said, this is no longer my home. In any case, by the end of the year I shall no longer have the time to play CS:Source but it is sad that I had to wait it out till the bitter end. I've had many fond memories with DISC and hopefully you will too . . . just have a care for those who came before you and founded this clan and what they intended it to be. A group of people who got together to have fun while helping others have fun. Not trash talking and apathetic about the server conditions but friendly and helpful. So if you guys could try and get back to that, it would be great. Anyway, Fatty please remove my admin on office, and I'll figure out how to drop the tag shortly. I shall keep in touch with you on FB! Cheers!
Last edited by furrball1383 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
3Percent
Veteran

Re: I am leaving DISC

Post by 3Percent »

If you just an Admin in office and wearing a "DISC-FF" tag goto community and leave group.

If you're wearing an official {DISC} tag, what is your in game
Name? Ill remove you myself.Cuz since I started running the clan I don't know who you are.
DISC Is made up of 20 few members ... So we all KNOW ONE ANOTHER AND WE COLLABERATE ON THE FORUM.
Again I don't recall you, nor remember you replying saying "you read this" on our new rules / structure thread. Let alone doing the ReApply that was mandatory?

We are about good times, and soon to be re doing our scrim team.
The server isn't all about just clan members? Never has been?
We acquire over 800 connections a day on fy_iceworld alone and that's def not just clan
Members. RANk #1 is also not a clan members ... Just sayin.

We wish you the best of luck... And
Have a good day.
Last edited by 3Percent on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.
furrball1383

Post by furrball1383 »

It truly is funny how you don't know who I am 3 percent, since I've been in this clan for 7 years and even longer than Fatty. In fact, I certainly know who you are and when you joined and one of the mandates of DISC at the time was for those app-ing and joining to get to know EACH and EVERY current member. ^^ but I guess being leader of the clan must be a lot of work. As for server traffic, kudos but those numbers don't wow me, its not about numbers. go into your server and watch what goes on, people get in, know who the good players are and simply join their team because they don't want to die, this leads to an inevitable stack due to team pressure. it is therefore essential for DISC members to join the losing side and compensate or switch the teams of players in order to provide balance for a good playing environment where there isn't much whining. You do get traffic, but they also consistently leave because they can't take the stack. I know this because I have observed this every time I've gone into the servers and have even mentioned it once to the players of the server. and if you didn't know, I was at this 'mandatory' event ^^ with Black Knight, and he has played on DISC's ice server long enough to know who I am, so do ask him about me. If I have touched a nerve, what else can I say but that I wanted to. I am having a good day thanks!
Last edited by furrball1383 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3Percent
Veteran

Post by 3Percent »

furrball1383 wrote:It truly is funny how you don't know who I am 3 percent, since I've been in this clan for 7 years and even longer than Fatty. In fact, I certainly know who you are and when you joined and one of the mandates of DISC at the time was for those app-ing and joining to get to know EACH and EVERY current member. ^^ but I guess being leader of the clan must be a lot of work. As for server traffic, kudos but those numbers don't wow me, its not about numbers. go into your server and watch what goes on, people get in, know who the good players are and simply join their team because they don't want to die, this leads to an inevitable stack due to team pressure. it is therefore essential for DISC members to join the losing side and compensate or switch the teams of players in order to provide balance for a good playing environment where there isn't much whining. You do get traffic, but they also consistently leave because they can't take the stack. I know this because I have observed this every time I've gone into the servers and have even mentioned it once to the players of the server. and if you didn't know, I was at this 'mandatory' event ^^ with Black Knight, and he has played on DISC's ice server long enough to know who I am, so do ask him about me. If I have touched a nerve, what else can I say but that I wanted to. I am having a good day thanks!
Touched a nerve? Lol. Guess you don't actually "know" me.
And I can't guess who you are by your forum username and if your In game name is furball I still don't recall you ... I apologize.

As far as the server... Sorry it didn't work out. We hope you find a clan or server that suits your needs.
You will be missed.

Sincerely. 3percent.
Last edited by 3Percent on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
furrball1383

Post by furrball1383 »

Lol 3percent, its Carbonera ^^ and I'm leaving CS:S as a whole, life is catching up with me, I'm getting married etc. I just felt bad about whats happening in the servers and it always hurts to see something you love so much change for the worse. Anyway, cya around :D
Last edited by furrball1383 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
3Percent
Veteran

Post by 3Percent »

furrball1383 wrote:Lol 3percent, its Carbonera ^^ and I'm leaving CS:S as a whole, life is catching up with me, I'm getting married etc. I just felt bad about whats happening in the servers and it always hurts to see something you love so much change for the worse. Anyway, cya around :D
CARB!!! Wtf !!! You asshole!!! :D tricked
Me!!! HAHAHHA
Getting married ? Congrats !
And ya that's why we re did disc working on fixing it... Get it back to the old days.
We / I hope you return in the future my Friend.
Now I gladly admit you'll be missed ... And best of luck to you and your wife to be.
Thanks for all the years you put into the servers... Hope to see u around ....:D good playing with you .

Hope I can turn DISC back to the olden days. (I'm Trying, slowly but surely)
Last edited by 3Percent on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:26 am, edited 5 times in total.
Money Shot

Post by Money Shot »

Hey Carb, you will be missed and congrats on the marriage. But i do believe that DISC is getting back to the glory of the old days. I just wish you the best of luck.
Last edited by Money Shot on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Dick_McSlick

Post by Dick_McSlick »

Known you for a short time, but you seemed so nice and well respected, enjoy a new, awesome life and dont be afraid to come back :3
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life
Need to contact me? Click the GIF below :3.

Dionyx

Post by Dionyx »

Bye Carb :'( i promised myself i wouldn't cry lol great guy sad to see you leave one of my very good friends from the start
Last edited by Dionyx on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Breezier

Post by Breezier »

Carb said I'm a furry, this made me happy, I shall miss.
Last edited by Breezier on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
amishbull wrote:I like basements.