Hard Times Support/ Emotional Support Thread

Lanliss

Re: Hard Times Support/ Emotional Support Thread

Post by Lanliss »

hisiglemic wrote:Theres a lot of shit going on in my life rn. My bestfriend for almost 3 years now who ive had a crush on for those 3 years thinks she likes me but doesnt know. Shes having a hard time figuring it out since she thinks if anything happens between us shell lose me forever. I would never hate her since shes the one that told my parents when I tried to OD on pills. She saved my life but shes afraid ill hate her. I dont know what to do since this stresses her out a lot which really isnt good for a teenager. And all this sucks for me because it comes back to blow up in my face. I have also been very depressed in the past few months but I eventually was able to stop feeling suicidal and stopped trying to kms with pills. All this is hard and I just dont know what to do anymore. I cant play games rn which means my only other ways of forgetting about the pain for a bit are guitar and fishing and since I cant drive and no lakes are near me to go fishing I can barely do that now. What should I do :(
First off, I am no expert at all. That said you can't control what she does or feels. All you can do it tell her the honest truth, that you would never hate her. That is all that is in your power, and you shouldn't worry about what you can't control on her end.
Last edited by Lanliss on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
hisiglemic

Post by hisiglemic »

Lanliss wrote:
hisiglemic wrote:Theres a lot of shit going on in my life rn. My bestfriend for almost 3 years now who ive had a crush on for those 3 years thinks she likes me but doesnt know. Shes having a hard time figuring it out since she thinks if anything happens between us shell lose me forever. I would never hate her since shes the one that told my parents when I tried to OD on pills. She saved my life but shes afraid ill hate her. I dont know what to do since this stresses her out a lot which really isnt good for a teenager. And all this sucks for me because it comes back to blow up in my face. I have also been very depressed in the past few months but I eventually was able to stop feeling suicidal and stopped trying to kms with pills. All this is hard and I just dont know what to do anymore. I cant play games rn which means my only other ways of forgetting about the pain for a bit are guitar and fishing and since I cant drive and no lakes are near me to go fishing I can barely do that now. What should I do :(
First off, I am no expert at all. That said you can't control what she does or feels. All you can do it tell her the honest truth, that you would never hate her. That is all that is in your power, and you shouldn't worry about what you can't control on her end.

I did. She just has trouble deciding and its to the point where shes up till 6 am losing sleep she needs over it. I know its not my fault but I still feel like it is. I feel like I can change when I cant, I forgot to mention as well she has her ups and her down. Sometimes when I see her shes all kissy and touchy with me other times she just treats it strictly platonic
Last edited by hisiglemic on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
one day I will meet Gaben
Lanliss

Post by Lanliss »

hisiglemic wrote:
Lanliss wrote:

I did. She just has trouble deciding and its to the point where shes up till 6 am losing sleep she needs over it. I know its not my fault but I still feel like it is. I feel like I can change when I cant, I forgot to mention as well she has her ups and her down. Sometimes when I see her shes all kissy and touchy with me other times she just treats it strictly platonic
She might be feeling it out. If she doesn't know how she feels she might be testing "Ok, how does it feel to hug him/her", or other times how it feels in her to be more flat with you.

I am pretty sure I have read a philosopher talking about one of humanities fatal flaws being the desire to control that which is out off their control. Afraid I cannot offer real advice beyond giving her time to work through it herself.

Beyond that, you can only make sure she feels comfortable (or as comfortable as she can in the situation), so that she doesn't feel rushed or anything. Of course, also don't let her string you along but that is a whole different discussion. I can't offer advice beyond saying to not feel bad about her problems, when it isn't your fault.
Last edited by Lanliss on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
HankHill
Veteran

Post by HankHill »

I suppose I should post because I'm absolutely bothered by something deeply.

I'm worried about my brother.

He's 20 and pretty damn intelligent, sure, but he has his fair share of mental issues, particularly Asperger's and a lengthy list of other issues caused by it like severe anxiety and some depression mixed in on top of THAT. Anyways, I don't feel entirely comfortable fully explaining this next part in its entirety, so I'll give the cliff notes.

He receives SSI and my own dad, which my brother still lives with, takes the entire check for "bills".

I've been talking with my brother about getting him out of that house and living with me and my roommates. They're supportive of this decision as well and are also willing to help. The problem is what my own father is doing; he's playing with my brother's indecisiveness and mental illness, trying to convince him that we wouldn't have the funds to live comfortably, which is something I have debunked time and time again. The only current issue on my end is that I don't have a permanent residence, but that's looking to be resolved within the coming month or two. On the other end, Dad is doing what he can to keep him from growing up, which is something little bro has expressed that he wants to do. He wants to job hunt, he wants to be away from our parents, but what Dad's doing to him mentally, I can't help but feel absolutely angry. I can't even talk with my own dad about this without wants to yell at him for being a manipulative bastard, especially to my own brother.

This isn't even getting into the fact that my mom doesn't even know. Shannon would question so much and get angry over said much. She has no idea about the SSI, that Dad takes it all, that bro wants to move out and in with me (yes, she's against us living together), the manipulation, how I feel about all this, etc. If I even told her about one detail, it'd be like opening a can of worms so large, it's filled with Dalamadur (Monster Hunter Reference, only one of you would get that) while also being about as dangerous.

I don't know what to do. I can't take him in right now, he can't stay there because it'll only get harder to get him out the longer it takes, and Dad has been forcing multiple lies to keep himself in the clear. I've been worrying sick for the past three days over this.
Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.
Jim

Post by Jim »

To whoever reads this,

Things have gotten worse with the situation of my father. My family is getting more distraught by the minute. Our financial problem has gotten worse to the point where my father put my sister's car up for collateral from all his loans not being payed and then pretending like nothing happened after we got it back. My mom said she would get a divorce but she cant until she pays off some of the debt we have caused by my dad. She now has to work full time in order for that to get paid off for about a year or two. She is starting to lose a lot of steam and is getting less hopeful by the minute. She isn't as happy as she used to be from all the stress. I wish I could more to help her but all i can do is tell her everything will be alright. I have tried to keep myself happy through these rough times, but it is hard to do it. I cant pretend that i'm happy anymore because i'm not. I just wish there would be just a glimmer of hope somewhere. If my father were to die, his life insurance money would be about 1 million dollars and would be enough to to speed the process of paying off debts and starting over. I just don't know how we can deal with him for another 2 more years. Is it immoral to wish he would die for the money despite him being a cruel person and making our lives a living hell? I am very confused and lost.

Best Regards, Jim
Lanliss

Post by Lanliss »

As terrible as it may sound, I do believe some people deserve to die, so don't feel bad for thinking that. Some people, like your father from the sound of it, do nothing but make the world worse. We can't take that into our own hands, but we can always hope. I have always been of the opinion that being family should put someone under even more judgement than a stranger. The fact that your father does this stuff is terrible, and I wish nobody had to deal with stuff like that.

For your mother, perhaps try lifting some weight from her shoulders? If she does most of the chores at home, take care of what you can for her. Maybe do some odd jobs like mowing lawns or something, so that you can buy her a nice dinner or something at some point. That is all I have really, I can't think of anything else that would help your situation.